Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Member Of The Family







I had to visit the Singapore Air Show in the afternoon because a couple of us were given passes for the Trade Show at the Changi Exhibition Centre. I decided to do some work at home before heading for the East.

While I was having breakfast in the living room, suddenly a parakeet (I think that is what it is called) landed on the ledge of the window. My doggy spotted it first and before I could do anything, the bird flew into my flat and perched itself on the window grill.

I was at a loss as to what I should do. I did not want to scare it but at the same time I needed to catch it before the bird injure itself should it bang against something in my home.

What happened next really surprised me. When I got near to the parakeet, it did not move at all. Then when I stuck out my finger, the birdie just climbed onto it and the bird even allowed me to stroke it. Initially we did not know what to do with it. When grandma saw the colourful creature, she suggested that we keep it.

My brother did a make-shift cage. We also fed it with fruits and bread. The parakeet seemed contented and it kept singing non-stop. Even now as I type this blog, I can hear it singing in the kitchen. Haha.

Anyway, after the Air Show, I bought a small bird-cage and a packet of food at a pet shop along Upper Serangoon Road. Well, it looks like the Chew Family has added another type of animal reared in the household. We had fish before; then it was a couple of tortoises; after that were many hamsters; next was a dog and now a bird. Haha.

I shall stop here for now as I need to go for a family dinner.

No comments: