Sunday, February 10, 2008

De-Stress Or Be Distressed

It just dawned upon me that I cannot attend the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC)meeting this coming Saturday as I will be coordinating a wedding for two friends which was planned last June.

I am in a fix now as I have a major presentation to make at the leaders' meeting. This is regarding the revised Missions Policy that some leaders and I have been looking into for the past three months.

The meeting starts at 8am and I have to be at the couple's place at 10am. If the LCEC chairperson allows me to present the revised Policy at the earlier segment then I will be able to attend. I pray everything will turn out well eventually.

I am waiting now for a member of the Missions Policy Review Committee to submit to me the final draft so that I can begin to disseminate it to the rest of the LCEC leaders - hopefully by Tuesday.

Even as I write this blog now, my heart is rather troubled and burdened. This new week will be a very busy one for me as I have a lot of backlog of work in office to deal with since I have just completed my reservist. On top of that I have to attend two rehearsals (Monday and Wednesday) for the other wedding that I am coordinating on 23 February. I also need to meet my Accountability Group which we have not met for more than a month already. The problem is I am only free on Tuesday. One group member may not be able to make it if we hold the meeting on Valentine's Day, which is on Thursday - he is currently the only one attached and the rest of us do not want to deprieve him of spending time with his girlfriend. On Friday I cannot because of some final preparations for Saturday's wedding that I need to attend to.

Just the look of the above paragraph scares me. I cannot skip any of them as I am the key person involved.

After this I shall seek the Lord to lead and guide me. I also pray He will make a way for me and that at the end of it all, everything will flow smoothly.

Today has been a hectic day for me. I was in church early in the morning to meet the Youth Ministry Mentors (YMMs) for a time of prayer; then I attended the Youth Ministry (YM) meeting for a while; after that I had to do some final amendments to the details of a wedding briefing that I needed to conduct after lunch; after the briefing, it was off to town to buy some wedding items for this Saturday's wedding and then I had to meet the couple to sort out some details which required immediate attention and action.

When all the above-mentioned were dealt with, it was already around 5:30pm. I met three siblings-in-Christ for a birthday celebration for two of them. We went to P.S. Cafe in Dempsey Road for dinner and then to the Ben & Jerry outlet for dessert. Well, I am thankful to have known my siblings-in-Christ better. I also give thanks to God that the two birthday girls enjoyed themselves. I am quite amused by how the two sisters-in-Christ are so into photography. They took so many pictures! Haha.

Anyway, we went home early as we were all quite tired.

It is amazing how I pulled through this day. Praise the Lord for His sustenance.

Well, time for me to stop here as I need to submit to God the anxieties of my heart.

Good night, every one and have a blessed week ahead! :)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: