Thursday, December 07, 2006

God's 24-Hour Hotline

Yesterday has been a long, fruitful and happy day for me.

I went to visit the kids again at the Paediatrics Department in the afternoon. I brought along some toys I got from Toys R Us and they (as in Wendy, Li Wen, Jestina, Shanti, Wen Ping and Shay) were all so happy.

I decided to buy them a toy each as I wanted to bring some joy into their lives as they go through some physical inconveniences during this period.

I did not stay long as I had to meet my God-sister. Shay's parents were in the room when I stopped by and we spoke for a short while. I told them that I was a kidney patient. I encouraged them a little as I shared how I overcame certain obstacles in the course of having to go through all the check-ups and dialysis treatments.

Before I left, I prayed with them after confirming that they are Christians - they worship at Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church.

I bade the kids farewell and in my heart, I prayed that they will all recover completely and grow to be men and women after God's heart - testifying to others how God brought them through the ordeal. I hope for those who still do not know God that they will one day.

I had a great time of catching up with my dear God-sister as we went to buy face-paints for the camp later. We also bought some candies to encourage the campers and did some window-shopping after that. It was dinner at Heeren next. Praise the Lord for the food He provided as the both of us fellowshipped over meal. :)

I joined the leaders and some church members for a time of prayer in the Prayer Chapel. We even went to the vicinities around the church and in Serangoon North to claim those lands which we will be penetrating into for the Christmas Outreach programmes.

It was a walk of faith that God will open the hearts of the residents as we invite them to the Christmas Eve Celebration. The youths will do the invitations on Saturday while the rest of the church will do so on Sunday.

We went back to the Prayer Chapel again after the Prayer Walk and continued interceding for the church.

Well, in the course of having so much to do yesterday, I thank God for reminding me to pray unceasingly. It brings a lot of peace in me after praying because now I know God is in the process of answering the cries of His children. Keeping that in mind, I do not have to worry anymore about my struggles or that of my siblings-in-Christ or friends. Hallelujah!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:10-20

No comments: