Sunday, December 03, 2006

Over-Caring

Sometimes I wish I do not have to care about the people I love. Really. But then I cannot because caring is a natural outcome of love. I do not wish to make this sound negative but it is something I am struggling now as a friend or brother to another.

I feel sometimes I am over-caring. In doing so, instead of touching a person's life, I stumble him or her in the process. Instead of drawing us closer, we are drawn further away from each other. Instead of being more open to one another, the person I am showing my concern towards shuts himself or herself up. Instead of appreciating one another, we become bitter towards one another. One of the ironies of relationship.

At the end of it all, I realised my strength becomes my weakness. Sigh. What burdens me most is that I do not want my brother or sister or friend to find me a pain in the neck because that was never my intention. All I ever wanted is to let the person know that I am there for him or her all the way regardless of our differences in views expressed and decisions made.

Today I think I've stumbled one very close sister because of the above-mentioned. :( I hope she will bear with me. I also pray that she will understand my struggles because I cherish the relationship with her dearly and I am burdened with certain areas of her life.

Well, since I came back from the mission trip, a couple of things in my life have gone hay-wire: friction in relationships - involving one or two persons (the stumbling block I have caused and the hurts I am experiencing); ill-health - my stomach ulcers are acting up, I think. Experiencing sharp pains regularly. Could not sleep at night sometimes.

I guess I have to be on the watch against the schemes of the devil. I have fallen into some of his traps already. I hope God will help me.

I also pray He will counsel me as I resolve some issues in my life.

The above-mentioned is one area of my journey that I wish I do not have to experience but I guess not. I hope at the end of all these struggles, my life will attract more than it repels.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, ..." 1 Peter 5:6-9a

No comments: