Saturday, December 23, 2006

Be Still And Know That I Am God

Today I spent some time in quiet by the Marina Bay - not too long a retreat but just an hour of being all alone as I look out into the waters and marvel at the beauty of God's creation - looking at the skies, ships, boats and occasional aircrafts flying by.

It is amazing how just 60 minutes of being away from the hustle and bustle could bring times of refreshing to the soul. From all the busyness and anxieties that I have been going through the past one week or so, they were all but forgotten as I reflect on the Lord's goodness and greatness.

I basically shared with the Lord in prayer how suffocated I felt the past few days and how exhausted I was. I also poured out to Him the burdens of my heart; issues that I have to deal in the daily living of my life. After that I read a passage from the Bible and then just kept quiet and allowed God to speak.

One simple message I received - "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10a

It is THE message I need. I just need to be still and know that God is God. I am not God. I cannot make sure everything be in order tomorrow except God. I must remember that I am just an instrument.

I heaved a sigh of relief after I got the message above and I could feel a load of my shoulders almost immediately.

Well, all thanks and glory be to God! :)

Now I am looking forward to tomorrow and I hope to enjoy myself as much as I can celebrating the birth of the Christ-child.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments: