Friday, December 22, 2006

God Is Always In Control!

I came back with a burdened and troubled heart. Suddenly I feel inadequate and it has to do with my responsibility in having to lead the Carols' Night on 24 December, which is just two days from now.

I am unprepared and distracted - I do not have the desire to lead though there is another part of me that wants to. I guess I do not want to because I am totally not ready for this.

I am burdened basically because what I will be doing this coming Sunday deals with lives and if I do not handle this properly, I will open doors for the evil one to lay a foothold, not just in my life but also those in the worship team and congregation.

I have not been praying for the worship team and for those who will be attending. Just an hour ago, I did not even know who are in the team till I asked Tricia.

I got so scared that I asked her and my God-sister to pray for me.

My God-sister replied with a verse which I now find comfort in - "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." Psalm 127:1

God also reminded me of my favourite verses from Philippians 4:6-7 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I praise the Lord for giving me peace and assurance from the above passages. I know He is still in control though I am losing control.

Even as I write this blog, it is my prayer that I now surrender what I am to do for 24 December to God and let Him use me accordingly.

I am also reminded now that if God is for me, who is going to be against me? I should not be afraid of the evil one laying a foothold because I have a God mightier than him. It should be God who will be laying a foothold on me and no one else.

I have to write this because this is one part of my life's journey which suddenly hit a curb and I have kind of lost control for a while, veering left and right dangerously.

Well, I do not know what to expect for this Sunday's Carols' Night - may the Lord give me discernment as I go forth in faith.

Oh yah, one answered prayer which I want to share - God healed my diarrhoea as of this morning. Last night, Tricia and a brother-in-Christ, Khang Chau, prayed for my food-poisoning case. I believe there were a few others who interceded for me too.

Well, the Lord answered their prayers and I am much better now. I have not purged yet but my tummy definitely feels comfortable now. Hallelujah! Thanks be to God for His miraculous healing power and the fellowship of believers through prayer!

I guess the last paragraph above gives me peace that God is still there for me and I will keep that in mind as I prepare for Sunday.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good! :)

"But he (God) said to me (Paul), "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: