Thursday, December 28, 2006

Grace Or Disgrace

Today I have not been really gracious to the people around me. There was this sense of frustration in me which kind of affected my reaction towards people.

I was made to wait for an hour in an appointment with someone in the morning. The person thought that the time of meet was 10am when it was supposed to be 9am. It was an honest mistake on her part but while I was waiting, I allowed negative thoughts to get the better of me. Hence my reaction towards her was one of anger.

Then the rain came in the afternoon. Though I did write in one of my previous blogs that I need to give thanks for everything including rain, today it got on my nerves. The past few days of constant downpours have created a lot of inconveniences for me and I believe others too (several of my clothes I washed are still damp; I have to carry an umbrella everywhere I go; the lower part of my jeans or trousers always get wet; my shoes too and it can be really uncomfortable when it has to be worn almost throughout the day; etc).

When I was about to cross the road under the rain, there was this youth in front of me who was blocking my path. I got quite irked because I wanted to get out of the rain as soon as I can. I kind of raised my voice and it scared him a little and he apologised. I could not be bothered and walked on.

When I was writing my journal just now, I realised what I have done throughout the day have created stumbling blocks to people around me. When I confessed to God my sins and sought His forgiveness, there was this sense of shame in me that I allowed circumstances rather than God affect my life and actions.

Well, a hitch in my pilgrim's journey but a progress too for I am thankful to God for humbling me today and teaching me to let Him take control of my life and not anything else around and in me.

It will take a while for me to overcome this but I will press on to do so.

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6

No comments: