Saturday, December 23, 2006

The HEART of Worship is GOD! Not me.

It is now past 2am and I am still up as I had to do some preparations for this Sunday's Carols' Night. I praise the Lord the rehearsal last night for this event went pretty well though I am still not as confident as I wish I should.

During the practice, I was not satisfied with a few things: certain carols I felt the keys were too low; for others I felt the transition from one carol to another should have been smoother; there were yet a few where I felt it should have been livelier. Throughout I wanted this and that. At one point, I concluded that the whole atmosphere did not feel like it is Christmas. Complaints here; dissatisfaction there; God no where.

It was only towards the end of the rehearsal that I felt all the above-mentioned were not important at all. Where was the Heart of Worship? The words of this song (below) reminded me that it is God that matters and nothing else.

Verse 1:
When the music fades,
all is stripped away
and I simply come.
Longing just to bring
something that's of worth
that will bless Your heart.

Bridge:
I'll bring You more than a song,
for a song in itself
is not what You have required.
You search much deeper within
through the way things appear;
You're looking into my heart.

Chorus:
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
and it's all about You,
all about You, Jesus.
I'm sorry, Lord, for the things I've made it
when it's all about You,
all about You, Jesus.

Verse 2:
King of endless worth,
no one could express
how much You deserve.
Though I'm weak and poor,
all I have is Yours,
every single breath.

Well, I guess I can plan all I want as to how well a song is being played or sung but if it means nothing at all in my heart, then everything I did at the practice would have been in vain.

Was I afraid of what others would think of me if I sang the carols too low or slow? At the end of it all, the Carols' Night is not about me but the church singing praises to God for giving us the Christ-child.

I guess I was too conscious of myself and the circumstances that I failed to notice God almost throughout the session.

Well, the worship team has done all we could to prepare for this Sunday, the rest we just have to trust God to lead us accordingly. I hope that night, only God be glorified and no one else. I pray also that God be the focus and not the worship team.

To God be the glory!

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24

No comments: