Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Who Is In Control?

I am not supposed to be blogging now because I promised a friend that I will sleep early. I decided to type a quick note to share about one precious lesson I learnt on the day when I left for Bangkok. It was last Friday, 15 December. I came back just last morning (18 December) at around 1am. Well, this explains why I have not been writing my blog for the past few days. :)

Before I left for the airport last week, I went to Orchard Road for a while to meet my God-sister to check out a sale at Isetan Scotts. I also needed to check out some books which I ordered at Borders.

Just when I was about to board the bus to the airport, I realised I could not find my bluetooth headset for my PDA-Handphone. I frantically searched through all the pockets of my bermudas but could not find it.

I traced back the route I took from the bus-stop to Borders. It was here I recalled detouring to the bank to drop a cheque. I also recalled when I was taking out my wallet that I heard something dropped but I could not find anything when I did a quick scan on the floor.

When I realised I should have checked the floor thoroughly and not take for granted that everything was in order, it irked me to the point where it affected my whole mood. Thirty minutes ago, it was one of joy and excitement as I was looking forward to my holiday trip. Now I was a guy with a face so black that if it was night, people might mistake me for a headless human.

I got so fed-up for not having a headset, knowing that I would use it often during my trip, that I grudgingly went to Lucky Plaza to buy a new one. Paid $115 for it.

Anyway, when I was in the plane headed for Thailand, I realised that I had allowed a small incident to affect me so greatly that it controlled my emotions and also my way of thinking.

When I realised my folly, I asked God for forgiveness and prayed that He will teach me not to let circumstances and for this case, a simple bluetooth headset, get the better of me.

At the time when I resigned myself to having lost the headset, I was angry with myself, the circumstances and also God for letting this happened. I felt that the whole world was against me then.

When I cooled down, I came to term that life still must go on despite of some bad experiences I may face in life. My life should be controlled by God and not other things.

Well, other than that, the trip was a good one - the fellowship I had with all my siblings-in-Christ, the shopping, the food (though I had food poisoning on the third day which kind of dampened my desire to eat lots of seafood which was cheap and good), the massage and also the sight-seeing.

I had a great time of dinner with a friend - celebrated her birthday. I praise the Lord that she liked the food and the presents. Haha. It was a great time of catching up. Thanks be to God for that!

Shall sleep now. :) I will write again real soon. Good night!

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." Titus 2:11-14

No comments: