Tuesday, May 05, 2009

When Advice Falls On Deaf Ears

I do not know why God allows so many things to happen in my family lately. Just about 5 minutes ago, while I was doing my work in the room, I heard like someone falling in the living room. I rushed out and found dad on the floor near my doggy's cage.

I quickly rushed to help him up. Praise God he is not injured in any way. I asked him whether he slipped or felt light-headed. He said it was the former. I hope he is speaking the truth. I went to check the refrigerator and I still find a bottle of Sprite in it - a clear sign that dad is still drinking fizzy drinks. I do not know how else to advise him.

Sometimes I feel that he should be hit with something bad in order for him to learn but obviously I do not want that to happen as it will be too late. Prevention is better than cure definitely but in dad's case, I am still praying for God to give me words clear enough for him to understand.


Anyway, I went to see mum in the afternoon. I was glad to see her smiling and able to joke with dad and all. She seems more alert and she was able to get out of bed on her own though she is not allowed to walk on her own yet. I guess the physio-therapy is helping.

I wanted to do some work either at the library or cafe after the visit to the hospital but I had a bout of diarrhoea. I decided to head home to purge and rest. Thank God I am better now.

I shall stop here.

No comments: