Friday, May 22, 2009

Step By Step

It has been a long day for me - being in church most of the time, preparing for a wedding of my two siblings-in-Christ over the weekend. Praise God most of the things I have planned to do have been accomplished: the tables and chairs have been arranged; the islands for the lunch reception have been set up by the caterers; the sanctuary is in order; the guests' list in different formats has been printed; all the wedding helpers have been notified about tomorrow's plans; the lighters for the unity candles have been bought; and the pen to be used for the signing of the marriage certificate is prepared and all ready to be used; my file with all the documents is in order.

I just hope I did not forget anything. Haha. Well, we will know tomorrow when the many months of planning is in action!

One thing I have learnt after planning so many weddings is this - no matter how detailed one's planning can be, what will go wrong will go wrong no matter even with the precautionary measures taken. That is why I will leave it to God to guide every one through - I guess the wedding couple and every one who is involved just need to enjoy themselves! :)

In the evening at around 4.45pm, a staff from the church office gave me a lift home as I need to receive mum from the hospital. She has been given permission by the doctors and physio-therapists to come home over the weekend to basically feel her way around the house.

Initially my fears of her not being able to climb up the stairs; of the family members not being able to cope with her physical needs; of not being able to urinate and pass motion; etc are all unfounded. She is coping well and is now sleeping soundly with dad.

What really amazed me was when mum told dad and I not to hold her as she climbed the stairs. With the help of the railings, she pulled herself one step at a time. I prayed for her as she persevered. She managed to reach the third level where my apartment is and came the big welcome of Sasha's tail. Usually Sasha would jump and bark but I think she knows mum is unwell - instead she just jumped and sat next to mum and rested her small little head on mum's lap.

Well, praise God that He has prepared the way and I hope being home, mum will recover even faster - that is of course none of us at home should stress her in any way.

Well, I need to be up early tomorrow. Time for me to sleep.

Have a great and restful weekend, every one!

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

No comments: