Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Life Has Changed... But Will Be For The Better!

The doctor monitoring mum's medical condition called me in the afternoon to inform me that it would be beneficial for mum to undergo a rehabilitation programme at Ang Mo Kio Community Hospital for two weeks. It is basically to allow her limbs to be strengthened and also to help her live a normal life again. I am for the idea and it is my prayer that the two-week stay will restore her.

Just now while I was having lunch, it dawned upon me that life at home will never be the same again as in more care and attention need to be given to mum. I also know that grandma is very much affected by this. My brother and I could tell that she has not been herself lately and that she gets anxious easily. Sometimes it gets on our nerves when she keeps repeating the same question as in whether mum is alright but I had to remind ourselves that we need to be patient and constantly affirm her. Dad is also quite lost at times.

When I was on my way home from grocery-shopping, I asked God to be gracious and merciful to my family. It pains my heart to see every one affected. I have to admit that my energy has been sapped and I can only depend on God's strength now to carry me through. As mentioned in my previous blogs, having to take care of three elderly members at home is no joke and this time I am feeling it at its peak. Sometimes I wish I can run away from it but I know I cannot - I guess I have to deal one matter at a time. I also need wisdom and discernment when decisions need to be made.

My pilgrim's journey is at one of its most gruelling stage but I hope I will pass the test when I cross the end point of this particular adventure. At the moment I am weak but I hope I will be a stronger person at the end of it all.

To God be the glory!

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10

No comments: