Saturday, May 09, 2009

Praise God For His Sustenance

I have to deal with not one but three sick family members today. One is mum, the other is dad (who suddenly had a high fever again when he went to visit mum at the hospital) and the third person was grandma (who had a spell of giddiness and throbbing headache).

Dad was not allowed entry into the hospital. He went home and rested instead. I just took his temperature and it is back to normal again. Grandma seemed fine in the evening when I saw her.

I have to admit I almost threw in the towel when I had to deal with the above-mentioned. I just felt overwhelmed suddenly when I became anxious that dad and grandma are not as strong as before. With mum's sudden stroke, I think it affected them badly. If my brother and I are already badly shaken by it, why not grandma and dad. There was a point I just wanted to scream when I was in the ward but thank God, He controlled me.

Anyway, I quickly messaged a few brothers and sisters-in-Christ to pray for me. I felt better after a while. I spent some time praying for mum. I also read her a verse from Philippians 4:13 to remind her that she can do all things through Christ who gives her strength. I needed to tell her that so that she can cling on to the hope that she is not fighting this battle towards recovery alone.

I felt sad when I left the hospital because I realised tomorrow is Mother's Day. I am wondering how I can make it a happy one for mum and grandma though I know deep down they will not be in the mood to celebrate. Perhaps just being there for them would be enough after I prayed about it.

Well, I am drained again but I want to watch the Liverpool-West Ham match later - hopefully I will have the energy to watch all the way.

All thanks and praise to God for pulling me through thus far.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

No comments: