Thursday, May 07, 2009

Resting In God Alone

Mum has been transferred to the Tan Tock Seng Hospital's Rehabilitation Centre this afternoon to undergo a two to four-week physio-therapy treatment. She will be warded during this period. What burdened me was how she suddenly became weak when she arrived at the centre in Ang Mo Kio. Her blood pressure also shot up and she became very listless when the doctor examined her.

It pained my heart when I saw her so frail. She has always been a strong woman but now seeing mum in this state just makes me feel so helpless.

Dad is unwell too, running a fever which was quite high in the afternoon. I just took his temperature - thank God it is lower now. I hope he is fine. He always keeps things to himself so I cannot really tell whether he is okay or not. I am praying God will give me the discernment so that I know how to encourage him

I feel exceptionally burdened today - my heart weighs like a ton. As my blog title states yesterday, I think life will not be the same again at home but it is my prayer that it will be for the better though now I cannot see how it will be so. I want to cry but I cannot seem to - I just feel very choked up.

I think I am still trying to handle matters at home with my own strength and understanding. I pray I will learn to let go - placing my burdens on God's throne of grace (as reminded to me by my sister) and allowing Him to work in the family. It is tough I have to admit but I will try.

I am tired again. I shall try to sleep soon and hope tomorrow will be a better for all in the family.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: