Tuesday, May 19, 2009

God Always Works For The Good!

I have been informed by dad that mum will be allowed home over the weekend. It is basically to let her feel her way around the house and as much as possible, lead as normal a life as possible when she is discharged officially from the hospital.

As much as I am excited to see mum back home, suddenly a fear struck me in the afternoon - how is she going to move around the house since she is still not mobile; what happens if she still cannot urinate and pass motion on her own; can dad and grandma cope since this weekend I am busy coordinating a friend's wedding and my bro is doing his in-camp training?

Then of course, this next thought came to mind - "what bad timing, man!"

As I surrendered the above-mentioned to God, one assurance brought peace to my heart - God will always work for the good of those who love Him! My human wisdom tells me it will be tough for all at home to cope with my mum's coming home and that timing and all are bad but God's assurance is that He can overcome my fears and still make a way for my family and I!

Mum asked me to look around for a walking frame. Initially I was clueless where to buy it. My Pastor-in-charge suggested Salvation Army's Family Thrift Shop; my aunty gave me a couple of contacts; and my sister also got some information. I called the Thrift Shop as it is located near my estate. They have two and I basically asked the staff to reserve them for me. I planned to have a look at them tomorrow morning.

I prayed for God to provide one for me since I need to get it before Friday. Anyway, after the wedding rehearsal just now in the evening, a dear sister-in-Christ gave me a lift home. While I was updating her about mum and mentioning about the walking frame, she said her mum might have one. Immediately this sister-in-Christ called her mother and true enough, the frame is in the store-room. She went all the way to Thomson to collect it and after that gave me a lift home.

I was very touched by the gesture of this sister-in-Christ and I am also grateful to God for answering my prayer. It was not planned that I should get the walking frame from this dear sister but God in His providence, did so through her. Hallelujah!

Well, this serves as a encouragement that God will always be in charge - all I need to do is trust!

Anyway, praise God the wedding rehearsal went pretty well though initially it was messy and there were some hiccups. Again, God will work for the good! :)

I am very very tired. Time to sleep. My back is also killing me - I do not know why exactly.

Good night, world. God is good!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments: