Thursday, May 14, 2009

Preserve My Family, Lord

I spoke to the doctor regarding the scan mum had yesterday. Her initial blood clot is diminishing but they found another one. It is much smaller though. So far mum is neurologically stable but the doctors will monitor her and also increase the medication to eradicate the new problem.

Surprisingly I was calm when I heard the news. Maybe because I was too tired to react. Anyway, I shall not jump the gun unnecessarily and trust that God is still in control and in the process of healing mum completely, if He so wills.

Lately I am concerned for grandma. I think mentally she is not doing too well. She will occasionally go into this mode of self-pity and start thinking that her loved ones are deserting her. She created such a big hoo-hah this morning that my brother and I were affected. I pray that God will continue to preserve her mental state and allow her to find peace in Him.

After visiting mum, I went to Starbucks in town with my sister - I did some work for the Leaders Planning Day this Saturday and also to prepare some stuff for the year-end mission trips; my sister did her course work.

It is always refreshing to be away from home and hospital. I just need to get out of those places to maintain my sanity.

Anyway, I shall go sleep soon as I have to meet my accountability group early in the morning.

Good night, all.

No comments: