Friday, May 15, 2009

Whatever Is In My Hand

I had a refreshing time spent with a few brothers-in-Christ in my accountability group. We met in the morning to have breakfast and to catch up with one another regarding our lives' adventures.

I am blogging now in church as I did not want to go home and later go out again. I have decided not to visit mum today as well - just basically to be away from the hospital for one day and be refreshed by doing other things.

In the course of our sharing, what impressed upon my heart was what this dear brother shared about how God can use whatever is in our hands powerfully and for His purpose. This is in context of how sometimes we feel inadequate or ill-equipped for something we desire to do which then makes us discouraged and at the end of it all, give up.

Two examples on the above-mentioned. When Moses was called by God to lead the people out of Eqypt, he felt inadequate but God used the staff in Moses' hand to show him that He can use whatever is in Moses' hand for His purpose. That simple piece of wood became a tool to remind Moses of how God would provide for him if he obeys His calling.

The other incident was how the disciples had to feed the five thousands. When Jesus asked them to find food for the people, the disciples were lost as to how it can be done. In the end God showed them His provision and power by using whatever is in the disciples' hands - the five loaves and two fish - and multiplied them in such an abundance that even after the tummies of the five thousands are filled, there were still balance.

God can use whatever is in our hands for His work and purpose. Sometimes we use our human wisdom to the point where it scares us or prevents us from doing His work. At the end of it all, we need to be mindful that God is great and His grace is sufficient for all. We, as His people, can do all things through Him who gives us strength.

Well, this revelation serves as an encouragement to me during this time when I have to deal with so many things but with limited strength and resources. I must remind myself that God is my well and surely His will never run dry.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: