Friday, May 08, 2009

Rolling Back My Burdens On God

I went to visit mum this afternoon. She seemed more alert but still feeling weak. She told me that the physio-therapists at the centre are good, helping her to gain back her sense of balance and also to strengthen her limbs. I encouraged her to try to remember all that she has learnt and to use the exercise techniques when she is back at the ward.

Once in a while, mum would go into this mode of listlessness. I had to call her a few times just to get her attention. My sister and I prayed with her. Hopefully in doing so, the peace of God will rest upon her as she struggles through this period.

What pains my heart is this 180-degree turn of event where last week she was totally fine and now she needs the assistance of others to do the simplest of things which many times we take for granted.

Mum and I have never been close but I still feel deeply for her. I guess that is the bond between a mother and child which can never be broken even though one is distant from the other. As much as I would like to run away from what had happened recently, I know this is one adventure which I have to run with mum.

I was sharing some general thoughts on my Facebook and one thing I wrote was this heaviness that my heart is feeling since yesterday, I cannot really pin-point the cause/reason. Probably it is a combination of reasons.

A timely message came from a dear brother-in-Christ who reminded me to roll back my burdens on God for He will gladly bear the load if I let Him to. I guess it is something I am trying to do but not easy. I hope in time to come I will be able to surrender all.

After the visit, I decided to come to church just to be away from home for a while to catch a breather. I think I need to do that occasionally just so that I will not be choked up.

Well, I shall end here for now. I am feeling quite tired - last night I just could not sleep, tossing and turning, with loads of thoughts in my mind. I pray tonight I will be able to sleep better.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: