Saturday, December 01, 2007

It Is Only When You Choose To Lose That You Will Win!

I am going to sleep soon - tomorrow I have to attend the 8:45am service. The missionaries of my church will be commissioned and I praise the Lord 4 of the church members have taken that step of faith to serve the Lord in the mission fields.

I am also thankful to God that I managed to complete printing 400 sets of Missions Ministry Newsletter yesterday to be distributed to the congregation after both services. I was touched by one of the Lay Ministry Staff sacrificing her off-day to come back and help me fold and staple the booklets. Two church office staff also put aside their work and helped me. Praise the Lord for every one of them.

I attended my good friend's wedding this morning at 11am and all glory to God that the song item went well though the group only started rehearsing about two weeks ago. We even had another sister-in-Christ joined us and we all blended in well. I enjoyed the singing and it brought back lots of good memories of the times when we were all young and doing things together like going on carolling during Christmas, being involved in musicals, giving song items at weddings or other special occasions. Well, praise the Lord we had this opportunity again to do so today.

Well, I am glad another close friend has tied the knot. At the service, the Officiating Minister was giving an exhortation and during that time he shared a joke which I want to include in this blog - I hope it will still be funny even in writing. Sometimes jokes told the second time round may not be funny anymore but I shall give it a shot.

Anyway, here goes. "A pastor at a wedding service asked a boy how many wives can a husband have? The boy replied that he can have 16 wives. The pastor was shocked when he heard that and asked the young lad where in the world did he get that idea. The chap told the pastor that it was in the wedding vows - "fo(u)r better; fo(u)r worse; fo(u)r richer; fo(u)r poorer = 16!"

I hope you got it. Haha. It was hilarious. When it was told to the congregation, every one laughed.

That aside. I learnt an important lesson from the sharing by the Officiating Minister who was the pastor who made a big impact on my life. He shared that in a relationship, if both parties fight to win in everything they do, both will lose because no one gives way. He also shared that if one party gives way and the other does not, both will still lose because then the relationship will be lop-sided. What is the most important is for both parties to choose to lose that both will win as grace is being shown in that relationship. How true that is. I shall try to live by this principle from now onwards.

Please pardon me if the earlier joke was not funny at all. Well! Well! The church also had a Christmas Bazaar at the Serangoon Garden Village. A couple of ministries were putting up song items in the evening. I wanted to join them but because I had to prepare the praise and worship session for the 11:15am service and also attend a birthday gathering by a close friend of mine, I was late and missed the performance. By the time I arrived, other churches were giving their items. In the end I just fellowshipped with my siblings-in-Christ at the booths where we were selling certain products from Cambodia for the church.

Okie dokes, I am tired and shall sleep now. It will be a long day but thanks be to God for the busyness tomorrow in church.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments: