Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What Was Christmas To You And Me?

The last time I blogged, I mentioned Christmas was here. Now it is over. How time flies. It is quite interesting how most of us were busy preparing for this day and now it is over. Was it worth the while to be so caught up with all the hustle and bustle to now sit down and realise everything about Christmas has come to past?

Well, I sure hope I have learnt something this year about this day commemorated by all Christians. I guess one lesson was to pray for those who might not have the means and desire to celebrate because they just could not to.

I have been out since this morning. I went for the Christmas Day service where the sermon reminded me of the significance of baptism and the need to nurture those who are younger than me. If the older siblings-in-Christ do not do that, who would?

I was also challenged to serve the Lord without having to worry too much about pleasing man. I have been struggling with that. This morning I told the Lord that I want to just do what He requires me to. If I do face any obstacles especially with people, I would share with them the deep desires of my heart and not be moved by the expectations of others. This may sound extreme but if I know deep down that this is where God wants me to go, then I should have the courage to share that with others. Why be afraid?

Anyway, may the Lord's name be glorified at the end of the day.

I came back not too long ago from a Christmas get-together with some friends. It was a pot-luck gathering. As I was requested to cook something more substantial, I made two dishes - one was a baked marcaroni with cheese and the other was beef lagsane. Well, thanks be to God that the two turned out well.

After watching a movie, "I Am Legend" with a big group of youths (15 of them) at Ang Mo Kio Hub, I went to buy all the ingredients. I am thankful to God for providing me a transport through a sister-in-Christ. Her dad was sending her to our friend's place and they came by the shopping centre to pick me up. It was a great favour for me as I was carrying many bags of groceries.

Well, all had a great time as we ate and fellowshipped.

I guess that is all. I praise the Lord and thank those who have showered me with presents though this year I deliberately did not buy for most. I have set aside the money that I would have used to buy presents for other purposes and I pray they have brought blessings to some.

I am drained to almost empty tank - time to sleep. Long week ahead as I have to prepare for two weddings running back to back this coming weekend. Looking forward to them but at the same time I also have my anxieties. May the Lord use me to lessen the loads of the couples so that they can concentrate on the whole purpose of their coming together as husband and wife. May the Lord be our help.

As for now, good night!

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6

No comments: