Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sufficiency In God

Today has been a day filled with struggles. In the afternoon when I was in campus preparing for lunch, I received a call from dad to ask me to head for Bugis Junction to assist mum with a matter which I am not at liberty to share on this blog. As the distance between campus and the shopping centre was really far, I needed to grab a cab down. I thank God the situation was resolved eventually.

I was planning to follow up on some matters pertaining to a meeting I attended at work in the morning but all that had to be shelved. By the time I accompanied mum home and made sure all were in order, I was too exhausted to want to go all the way back to the west side of the island.

I decided to go to church instead to prepare for the Missions Policy Review Committee meeting. I just came home from it and I have to confess that I kind of lost it as in my composure and cool when there was a confusion on one of the points discussed. I have to admit that lately I have been unstable especially in dealing with stress at home, in office and with church ministries.

Though I am aware of the presence of God in my life and having the need to submit all my anxieties to Him - when it comes to putting them to practice, I failed in doing so. As a result, I depended on my human wisdom and strength and of course that led to disappointments, frustrations and anger.

I think I am going to be down with flu as I have sneezing the whole day through and I have been blowing my nose constantly. I think I caught the bug from a couple of people during the Youth Camp and also in office. Anyway, I pray the Lord will sustain me as I cannot afford to fall sick during this period.

Actually the frequencies of my falling sick in the past one and a half months are clear indication of how my body has been subjected to stress. The immunity to fight the bugs has been on an all-time low.

Anyway, I apologised to the Committee for not chairing the meeting well and shared with them the above struggles. Some of them prayed for me and I hope I will continue to trust God to see the Committee through the review and also other aspects of the ministry that I need to deal with.

Even as I write all these down, I am simply reminded of this one fact - that I am a human. If I continue to depend on my own abilities, I will fail but if I could just lean on my God Almighty, I will surely be able to do mighty things through His guidance and providence.

For those of you who are reading this blog, I covet your prayers.

No matter what, thanks be to God for pulling me through all of the above-mentioned that I can have this opportunity to blog my struggles.

I shall stop here and spend some time in prayer with God.

"... "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: