Thursday, December 27, 2007

United We Stand; Divided We Fall

I brought my God-daughters out today. They came over to my place first to play with Sasha. All three went ballistic. Sasha was running around like a mad dog - sometimes I think she is; my older God-daughter was licked all over and she even went into the dog's cage to see how it felt to be in one; the younger one was running around to avoid the doggy as Sasha kept nibbling her toes and fingers.

Anyway, we went to Orchard Cineleisure next to watch "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie. For those of you who think it is a childish show and it is only suitable for little ones, think again. For entertainment value and the cuteness of Alvin, Simon and especially Theodore, it was all worth the $7 I paid per pax. They are just so adorable. Comparing this show with "I Am Legend" and "Warlords", "Alvin and the Chipmunks" tops them all! Haha. This is coming from an adult, mind you. :) If you have not watched it, please do so soon! :) Someone had better pay me commission for having said so many good things about this movie.

The show ended at around 1:30pm and it was off to Suki Sushi for a buffet-lunch. The two kids can really eat. Well, I am glad they did that. I thank God they enjoyed themselves thoroughly though it was only about 6 hours that we spent together. Well, I cherished the time spent with my dear God-daughters because next year they will be posted out with their father to another church. Though we will not be worshipping God in the same church, I know the bond of love is so tight that it cannot be broken. Thanks be to God for that!

I do not know why - though I enjoyed myself, at the corner of my mind, there was this sense of anxiety in me regarding the two weddings that I am coordinating for four of my siblings-in-Christ this weekend. I know I have not put my all in helping them prepare because of my busyness at work and in church. Well, like I said, I guess I will have to trust God in the road ahead especially on the wedding day itself. May the Lord be our help!

I learnt something from the movie actually - it was about family. It is a unit where love must be freely expressed so that we are constantly reminded that we are not alone in this world. This can also be applied in the spiritual family. There is a need to support one another because like it or not, we are not created to be hermits. I am where I am now because of the support I received from my families both at home and church. Yes, some of the members in these units may not be perfect but still, knowing that I have people I can depend on is really comforting to the heart and soul.

Well, I have said enough. Time for me to sleep as I need to be in church early to prepare for the Saturday's wedding.

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:13-15

No comments: