Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Disappointments In Ministry Will Not Put Me Down!

Today has been a bitter-sweet day for me. I shall share the bitter part first. It has to do with ministry. I am saddened that sometimes certain decisions are made based on logical considerations without ever adding the faith factor in which the church should just trust the Lord to provide on those needs that sometimes we find it hard to meet in a short period of time. It sounds illogical but as I have mentioned in my previous blog - sometimes the Christian faith has to do with going against the norms. I wonder how many are willing to take that challenge.

I always believe this - if God directs, He will surely provide but how many times have we forgotten about that? We based the provision on our own human abilities and wisdom and when we think it is impossible, we shelf plans or the needs of God's servants.

How sad it is to see this happening. Is God's work going to be dwarfed by limited resources?

Anyway, I am sharing the above-mentioned with no intention to put the church down but with the deep desire for all of God's children to go on our knees to pray when needs need to be met and not just conclude that they are impossible tasks.

Now to the sweet part of the day. I met my God-sister to help her do some stuff. After that we went to Bugis Junction for lunch. It was a good time of catching up with her as I have not seen her for a while. She also gave me a Christmas present and I have not even shopped for one for her due to my busyness.

A brother messaged to ask whether we could meet for lunch but I told him I could not due to my appointment with my God-sister. I dared not even suggest an alternative date to meet - looking at my schedules, they are going to be filled till the weddings are over. There are so many people I want to meet up but so difficult to find time to do so. :( I guess I shall make plans one day at a time and try my best to meet most, if not all, whenever possible.

In the morning I helped another sister-in-Christ with her essay and I am glad she was able to complete them when I enquired about it not too long ago.

In the evening I had to assist four of my siblings-in-Christ with their wedding rehearsals. They were held back to back. Well, I am glad all went as well as they could be. There are still a couple of things that I need to work out with two of them.

I was reminded of something just now - just as much as I, as their wedding coordinator, want to make the whole wedding plans go as smoothly as possible, at the end of the day it is not me who will determine the success of the events but God. Hence all the worries and burdens I initially felt were lifted as I submitted them to God in prayer. Hallelujah!

Well, I sang for the Processional for the first rehearsal - I have to memorise the lyrics which is not as easy now especially when my brain cells are slowly dying away. Haha. I also enjoyed the two song items of the second rehearsal - one by the couple's sisters and the other by the couple themselves. Very nice, I must say.

It is amazing how God sometimes allows things to happen in my pilgrim's journey where the sweet experiences over-ride those which are bitter and I could go home with a smile still.

All thanks and praise be to God! :)

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments: