Saturday, December 15, 2007

It Is Never Strange To Know A Stranger

I met two siblings-in-Christ to finalise with them their wedding plans which is just two weeks away. Though it was a rush discussion as one of them needed to report for work, I praise the Lord we were able to get the wedding schedules for the service and also for the banquet done.

I have planned more than 20 weddings in the past 7 years and I have to confess that the present two that I am doing, which will run back to back on 29 and 30 December 2007 respectively, are the worst prepared for me. Because of my busyness at work and in church and having to take care of family matters, I have failed to give more attention to these four of my siblings-in-Christ's preparations for their big day! :( I feel bad because a marriage is not to be taken lightly as it happens only once for a couple. That is why whenever I coordinate a wedding I would like to give of my best so that the couple will enjoy this experience that God has given them.

Well, it is not too late to do so and I pray the Lord will lead and guide me accordingly. It is a lesson learnt for me and I have no qualms sharing my struggles because I learn as I fumble. Well, I hope whatever I have learnt can be applied in another four weddings that I will be coordinating. The last being April 2008.

After the meeting, I took a train from Bishan to Orchard. During the ride, I was standing in front of this lady with her son. The carriage was packed like sardines but it did not stop me from playing with the boy. He started to play peek-a-boo with me using his baby bolster and was smiling from end to end.

Anyway, they alighted at the same station. While taking the escalator up, the boy's mother commented that if I have not been smiling while playing with her son, she said I was actually very fierce-looking. I laughed when she said that as I know it myself. I guess I cannot change my face that God has created but I shall endeavour to smile more so that people will not find me scary. Before we departed our separate ways, the lady thanked me for entertaining her little one and I told her it was my pleasure.

Well, I am glad that though I am fierce-looking, I was able to bring joy to two lives this afternoon.

I wanted to buy a couple of stuff but in the end did not as I could not find them. I headed next to Starbucks Cafe in Cathay Building to send out a few emails to the wedding helpers of the other wedding that I am doing. It was quite irritating that I was unable to send out the emails because of some connection problems and there were more than 20 over emails in my outbox. My irritated look was very obvious as there was this guy sitting at the next table facing me who kept staring towards my direction each time I tapped the table out of frustration.

In the end I decided to pray about it and a while later, I realised I could change the network. I did just that and thanks be to God all the mails were sent out! Hallelujah!

All over my table were strewed with papers - contact list of helpers; wedding schedules; service programme; etc. One lady, in her mid-twenties sitting behind me, actually asked whether I was planning for my wedding and I explained to her that I do wedding coordination. She was interested to know more and I kind of shared with her how it all started. After that we exchanged name-cards and it was here I realised that she does advertising and promotion. Before she left, she told me she would recommend her friends to me should they need a wedding coordinator. Haha. I thanked her for having so much confidence in me though it was the first time we met.

It never occurred to me that I would be speaking to three strangers but they were pleasant encounters. Praise the Lord for that!

I met two good friends, their son and one of their mothers for dinner. We went to a Japanese restaurant in Esplanade and basically feasted. I enjoyed the fellowship. After that we headed for Ikea in Pasir Ris area to shop for some household stuff. I got home around 11pm and I am very tired now.

Anyway, I shall sleep soon. Tomorrow will be a long day as I will be joining some youths for a soccer party where we will watch the Liverpool - Manchester United match. You Will Never Walk Alone, Liverpool! :)

Good night, everyone!

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

No comments: