Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Food Are Meant To Be Eaten, Not Criticised

I did something just now that showed how spoilt I can be. After I came back from a meeting with two siblings-in-Christ who are preparing for their marriage at the end of the month, I decided to eat the nasi lemak (rice cooked with pandan leaves) that grandma made for the family.

After I took the first spoonful of rice with the sambal (chilli) prawn, immediately I commented that it was the worst dish that I have ever tasted. It was very hot and it did not taste like the usual kind that grandma cooks which is less spicy and sweeter.

I did not finish the rice and threw them away after a couple of mouthful. Though grandma was not in the kitchen when I made a fuss, it did not warrant me to criticise her cooking especially when she took effort to cook for the family even at the age of 83. I wonder how she would have felt if she had heard my remarks.

Anyway, I did not feel good after that. I sought the Lord's forgiveness and prayed that He will teach me to be contented with what I have. Even if the food is not to my liking, I should just shut up and consume them. Already I am blest with food served before me daily and yet I am not thankful for them.

I guess this is a part of my pilgrim's journey that I am learning to overcome especially in being less of a spoilt brat.

It has been a long day for me. I was in campus the whole day. I had to attend a meeting where my team submitted our final proposal. The work is almost done once the green light has been given by the top management.

Initially it was not planned that I met the couple to discuss about their wedding plans but since their small group meeting was cancelled, they decided to meet today. Well, time really flies and in 18 days' time, they will be tying the knot. I am glad most of the planning is completed and now we just have to leave it to God to make all things flow accordingly.

Tomorrow I am meeting two other siblings-in-Christ to also plan for their wedding which is also at the end of the month - one day after the above couple. Haha.

Well, thanks be to God for the rebuke I received and also for guiding and sustaining me through the day.

"For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that." 1 Timothy 6:7-8

No comments: