Monday, December 17, 2007

Pain Is Not Always Bad

I had such a long day yesterday that when I finally came home, I slept like a log all the way till this morning. I was too tired to even blog.

After church, I went out with some siblings-in-Christ to Suntec City to buy some foodstuff for a pot-luck get-together at a brother-in-Christ's place. It was actually a gathering of soccer fanatics to watch the Liverpool - Manchester United match where the latter team won. Sigh. I brought my Liverpool scarf and flag but they were not enough to garner the Reds to win. :(

Anyway, I went to office in the morning for a major meeting to submit all the proposals on behalf of my team. All of our past 2 1/2 months of research work were presented to the top management. It felt good to have cleared and pulled through this project. All glory and thanks be to God!

From tomorrow onwards, I am clearing my leave till 26 December with an option to extent it till past the New Year. I have not decided yet but probably I will do so since I have so many days of leave. Finally I can sleep all I want and wake up as and when I feel like it. Haha.

Anyway, I will not be that free actually as I have the Missions Policy to finalise and also the two weddings that I am coordinating for four of my siblings-in-Christ on 29 and 30 December 2007. Well, I shall trust the Lord to lead and guide me accordingly.

After the meeting, I left for a friend's aunty's place to check on her notebook. Over the phone, I was told that the machine was making a strange noise. When I heard that, I thought it was due to the hard-disk but when I checked just now, I concluded that the hard-drive is okay. It was actually the speakers that were giving problems. As the laptop is old, I suspect that the speakers' cones have given way. When I turned the volume to zero, the crackling sound stopped.

Well, I am glad that the storage drive is safe as my friend's aunty is actually writing a book to share about her physical struggles and how God pulled her through. I was very encouraged when I heard her testimony. Before I left, I prayed for this dear sister-in-Christ.

I headed for Plaza Singapura next to reward myself with a new handphone. I was given a voucher by the telephone company and I used it to buy a Motorola smartphone.

I was looking for new pillows for my parents as mum has been complaining of back-aches lately. In the end I found one suitable for her and bought another for dad as well. They seem to be enjoying their sleep - I went to their room just now and they were both sound asleep. Praise the Lord!

I guess I shall stop here.

A day of release for me, I must say. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!

"Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:17-19

No comments: