Friday, December 28, 2007

Serve The Lord And His People

I just came home from a Youth Ministry Mentors' (YMMs') Get-Together. Tonight's gathering has been very meaningful in two areas especially - one was the sharing of each YMM's desire for the ministry and also his or her commitment to the youths; two was the renewing of every YMM's commitment to the ministry. There were also the mentors to the YMMs who were present to affirm in each of the youth leaders their strength and gifts.

We ended by signing a covenant with the Lord and partaking of the Lord's Supper. I am encouraged by what we did tonight as I saw a group of willing servants, ready to touch the lives of their younger siblings-in-Christ. They were also excited about their service and I look forward to serving the Lord with them in the new year.

I am very tired now as I have been in church the whole day preparing for tomorrow's wedding. I had to open the sanctuary for two wedding helpers who came to do some decorations to the altar area.

After the farewell lunch for the Assistant Pastor with the church staff, I came back to do some physical work - setting up the tables and arranging the chairs. I also needed to tidy The Plaza area to ensure that there are no unwanted equipment lying around.

I also had to do some printings of signages and also the name-lists for the tea ceremony. I also had to prepare the unity candles and also other items needed for the reception table.

Well, I am thankful to God that I was able to complete all of the above-mentioned in time for me to attend the YMMs' dinner cum renewal service.

I am very tired but at the same time excited about tomorrow. I have been told by the bride that the groom is down with diarrhoea. I pray he will be well when he wakes up. I know the Lord will heal and sustain my dear brother.

Okie, time to sleep. The Lord will be our guide tomorrow! Amen to that! :)

"You, my brothers (and sisters), were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13

No comments: