Monday, November 19, 2007

Weaknesses Can Be Overcome

Tomorrow is my doggy's first birthday. Mum wants me to buy Sasha a cake or something that she will enjoy. I am totally clueless as to what sort of treat to give to this little princess of the household. She has been having good stuff every day - what other goodies are there for her? Man, I don't think the phrase "A dog's life" is applicable to her!

Anyway, I went to office in the morning for a meeting and headed home just before lunch as I was on half-day leave in the afternoon to meet a dear friend. She was assisting me with a project and since she is free today, we met up at around 1:30pm to complete the task. She also gave me a super-belated birthday treat. Haha. My birthday was in June. I guess it is good to know that after 5 months, celebration still goes on. Hee.

After finishing the recording, we went to Ngee Ann City Crystal Jade for a very late lunch at around 4pm. As we were both unwell, we had each a bowl of porridge. She also ordered this delicious pot of bean-curd cooked with diced century eggs and salted fish. Other dishes were three varieties of tim-sum and several cups of Chinese tea that this waitress kept pouring when our glasses were empty.

I enjoyed the time of fellowship with my friend as we caught up with one another about work, ministries in church and also our personal lives. I also shared with her some struggles related to people as in how I sometimes feel that humans tend to always look at the weaknesses and shortcomings of an individual to the point where they cloud the good side of him or her. We tend to always think that the person would never change when in actual fact, every one who has some kind of character flaws would want to overcome them and be a better person.

Anyway, it was good to let that out as I have been rather troubled by this lately.

After our meal, we went on to buy a pair of cuff-links. I needed them for my new shirts. We went to Tangs Store to check out the many designs. My friend helped me choose and we agreed on one which I like a lot. I cannot wait to use tomorrow when I go to office.

We went home after that as she needed to meet her family for dinner and I had to meet another friend.

Well, no matter how sometimes I feel burdened in my heart over a few matters, I still thank God for allowing me to pull through the day.

I shall stop here now and head off to bed. I was told by a colleague of mine that there will be an important meeting tomorrow.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

2 comments:

deilea said...

Thanks for yr post Andy! Amen to 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, it has been speaking to me lately too.

Pilgrim's Progress said...

Hi Ru-Tian.

It has been a while since we last corresponded. I hope you are doing well in the Lord and in other aspects of your life. :)

Thank God for busyness. It is during such times when I know only God can pull me through the many deadlines crying out for attention.

Weaknesses in us, with God's help and our determination, can be overcome! :)

Take care, sister! I am still hoping the YMLC group can have a reunion soon. :)