Monday, November 05, 2007

Good To Do Good

It is Monday morning and I am still awake. In fact I just finished ironing a pile of clothes belonging to every one in the family. I am tired but I am unable to sleep. That's why I decided to just press all the shirts and trousers that were hanging in the rooms.

It has been two days since I last blogged. I did not feel like doing it though many things had happened. Since Saturday I have been struggling with trusting people and I also have doubts of some of the friendships I have made.

Sometimes I wonder why I put in so much effort and yet at the end of the day, I am being doubted by some judgement calls I made. I was also being accused by a certain individual whom I am counselling for my unwillingness to help when all these while I have been finding ways to provide assistance for this person. What affected me most was when I realised trust has been betrayed in the course of the above paragraph. It is precisely during moments like these that I want to just give up and not care anymore. Why should I?

Yes, there are all these cliches of doing all things for the Lord; giving thanks for the bad experience; pressing on when the going gets tough; no one is perfect; etc. I am mindful of them but sometimes do think first before saying anything that may be hurtful to another party. I am also a human who has feelings.

I am not writing all these to expect gratitude from others or to boast about my desire to help the people around me but these are the very struggles I am experiencing now and I hope to learn from them and see how I can move on from here.

Anyway, thanks be to God for everything.

Despite of the burdens I have been carrying lately, I want to thank God for pulling me through the praise segment that I led at the 11:15am service. Since Friday when the Worship Team met for rehearsal, I have been unable to focus properly but to God be all thanks and praise that the session went as smoothly as it could.

Later is my driving test. I have no confidence whatsoever because I have not had the time to practice further due to my busy schedules. I have prayed and I have also asked others to pray that I will have an attitude of thanksgiving regardless of the result I will be receiving. I am also undecided whether to go for another attempt should I fail the test again.

Well, there are many other things I want to share but I guess I should try to sleep. I shall write again later today... if I have the time as I have to rush to work after I am done with driving.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

No comments: