Sunday, November 18, 2007

God Does Not Short-Change Us

It has been 4 days since I last blogged. This shows how busy and tired I have been but all these busyness have now come to pass! Thanks be to God for that!

My second presentation on Thursday went very well and the panel has approved my team's proposals. With this and Tuesday's approvals, my team has been given the green light to carry on with the planning of the curriculum with the resources we have gathered in the past one and a half months.

We gave ourselves a day off on Friday but it was not really a break for me as I needed to prepare for the Mission and Vacation-With-A-Purpose (VWAP) trips. I was in church the whole day printing devotional guides, prayer letters, contact cards of all important numbers in case of an emergency, buying of first-aid items, etc. I also had to meet two of the accountability groups I am committed to. In the morning, I met with the older ones and in the evening was with the younger ones. I had to also prepare for the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) meeting where I had to seek the approval of two proposals that I had to make for the Missions Committee.

Yesterday's LCEC meeting was a scary one as I was asked numerous questions regarding the proposals I made. Though I was drained after answering all the queries, I am grateful to God that both were approved by the leaders present.

Three-quarter way through the meeting, I had to rush off to conduct a wedding service for a couple from the church. Though I do not really know them, I decided to assist in their wedding preparations and service when my Assistant Pastor requested of me to guide them. Praise the Lord all went well from the start to the end of the service. I was so happy to see another two lives coming together in holy matrimony.

After the wedding reception, I went home to wash up and change to a more comfortable set of clothes as I needed to go out again to buy a birthday present for a good friend's son's birthday. I went to Forum Galleria Shopping Centre. On my way to Toys R Us, I met a sister-in-Christ. I got a shock when someone tapped my shoulders. It was a pleasant surprise to see this dear sister. We did not chat for long as she was rushing to attend a debrief for a course that she was doing yesterday.

I spent about an hour looking around for a suitable gift. I was lost among the thousands of toys - there were so many varieties to choose from. In the end I settled on this educational table where a child can learn phonetics, alphabets and numbers. It was really high-tech, I must say. My good friend and I were so intrigued by it that after fixing all the parts, we were playing and fingering all the functions available. The birthday boy stood there and looked at us. He must have wondered why these two grown-ups were playing with his present. Haha.

Anyway, we had pizzas, chicken wings and dips. Yummilicious. We also had a very nice chocolate cake from Shangri-la Hotel. By the time everything ended, it was already almost 11pm. After washing up when I got home, I had to prepare for today's Mission and VWAP teams' packing of donated items and also other administrative matters pertaining to a briefing that I had to conduct for all the members going.

Well, thank God all went well just now in church for the packing and briefing. Time really flies - another four more days and the teams are off to Cambodia to fellowship with our Khmer brothers and sisters-in-Christ. I cannot wait to meet up with them again and also to minister to those who have yet to know who God is.

After this morning's sermon where the guest preacher shared about God's greatest gift being the salvation He has given to all mankind, I am even more excited to share this to the Khmers. I am also reminded by the message to be grateful for what I have and that I should not complain about life. The preacher said something which made a lot of sense to me - that the bad things we experience are always relative. It is just how we perceive situations and in turn deal with them. God always gives good things to His creation but it is always how humans, like us, like to compare what we have with others and when we see them as better, we think that our own lives are lousier or worst than them. It then affects us and our views of life become miserable.

I want to share this message with the Khmers especially when they have gone through atrocities like the Pol Pot Regime where millions of Cambodians were killed. I hope the message of Jesus will bring about healing and allow them to be delivered from the past and move on with peace and joy in the future.

I hope I made sense in what I have written so far. :)

Well, the past week has taught me to trust God in many ways. Initially I thought I was unable to pull through so many things that I had to do but when I prayed, I felt at peace, knowing that no matter how long or rough a road I had to trod in my life, it will eventually be over. Now as I look back, it is so true. The difficult and tideous path is now easy again. Was it my doing and effort? Nope. If it was based on my ability, I would have felt frustrated and probably given up but with the knowledge that God would be helping me and also the need to glorify Him in all I do, it was actually a pleasant experience! In fact, I sang and praise God with so many songs that one task after another was accomplished without much complaints. There were struggles at times but not so bad to the point where they caused me to stumble the people around. Glory be to God!

What else can I say? One word basically - Hallelujah!!!

Okie, I have written too much for this blog - there are just so many good things to testify. Haha.

Dinner time - Thai Express, here I come. I cannot wait to eat my favourite soft-shell crab curry.

Alright, till I blog again, the Lord bless and keep you all!

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:7-11

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

No comments: