Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All Things Will Come To Pass

I wanted to blog after work but I did not. I got home past midnight as I was preparing for a meeting today with my team. I could not even go for the rehearsal for the song item that some friends and I are putting up for another friend's wedding. From the look of it, I may not be able to be involved at all. Next Thursday there is another rehearsal but I am able to attend again due to the Missions Policy Review Committee meeting.

I just finished my team meeting - a super-long session where we started at 9am and ended at around 3pm. We even ordered in lunch and continued discussion as we ate. Though long, the top management has given the team the mandate to decide on the curriculum but we have been told that they may or may not be implemented on the proposed date initially given to us.

Frankly, that is the least of my concern because once we have put the curriculum in place, there is no concern as to when it will be executed since the framework and materials are already there. What the team needs to do now is to continue with the guidelines given to us and just work accordingly. Some of my team members were affected when they heard about the delay but I encouraged them not to feel that way as we still need to do the remaining part of the project. The curriculum will be implemented eventually, just not as initially planned.

I tried to sleep as early as I could but was unable to as I was troubled over some thoughts regarding the review of the Missions Policy that I am currently doing with some leaders of the church. Sometimes I feel it is a waste of time putting in so much effort when eventually the contents will still be questioned by the leadership at large. If that is going to happen, why form a sub-Committee to look into this and waste the time of the members currently involved reviewing the policy? We might as well involve every leader so that every one will have their say.

I am just frustrated. I am not saying that feedback is bad but if I have been entrusted to form a sub-Committee to look into this matter, then give the Committee and I the trust that due considerations and thoughts have been given to the Revised Missions Policy.

I spent some time in prayer when these thoughts came to mind. The peace I got was to continue to give my best for the Lord and let Him deal with other concerns which I have no control of. I guess I will continue to be burdened by this till the Revised Policy is approved by the leadership. That is if it gets approved in January.

Anyway, again that is beyond my control and I shall leave it to God to speak to the rest.

I hope I do not sound critical of the leadership (frankly I am not) - just that lately there are so many things that I have to do to the point where I am weak emotionally, mentally and physically. Spiritually I am still ok - thank God for that.

I am blogging this as it is a real struggle that I am going through now. I need a break soon but I guess it will only come after January.

In order to keep my actions in check, I have decided to take several pit-stops daily to reflect by reading God's Word and in prayer. I need to do this. If not, I will definitely be going through the motion and if not careful, I may stumble the people around us.

Already this morning before I slept after washing up and entertaining certain negative thoughts which I shared above, I was already on the verge of veering off-course. Praise the Lord for His Word to bring me back on track. I hope the Word will continue to be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Well, I am going home immediately after I am done with this blog. I will probably nap before I take some time to prepare for a sermon that I will be preaching on Sunday at Takhmao Trinity Methodist Church in Phnom Penh. I am leaving for Cambodia tomorrow morning. That reminds me that I have yet to pack for the trip. Haha. :)

Anyway, all these will come to pass. I just have to deal with all of the above-mentioned one at a time. I like to remind myself of this as it brings comfort that all these busyness are not permanent but temporal. They will be over eventually!

No matter what, I am looking forward to meeting my Khmer siblings-in-Christ and also the missionaries. I pray the Lord will speak to me as I spend the next five days in a land where He has called me to since Year 2000.

May the Lord go ahead of the two teams going!

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

No comments: