Friday, November 02, 2007

Lord, Grant Me Wisdom

The past two days have not been easy-going for me as I struggle to do the right thing regarding a situation I am currently in and it has to do with people. Even now as I type this blog, my heart is very heavy. I made a decision and it was a tough one but it was after I spent several times seeking the Lord for guidance and wisdom. I have also sought the counsel of some people from and outside church. I will answer for the action eventually if it was a wrong one made but I shall stick to what I have decided for now.

It will affect some individuals involved hence the burden I carry on my shoulders. Yesterday I shared about an incident and I thought it was resolved but today something else happened and it made me wonder whether to buy the story told to me.

Do I lack discernment? I really do not know. Frankly speaking, the decision I made was not one where I am washing my hands off this case I am handling. I am actually providing a solution and yet it was not accepted by the party involved. It makes me wonder why. The way I was rejected made it sound as if I was insensitive but I thought it was for the good of all involved.

Well, I made a judgement call this evening and I shall let the Lord prompt me accordingly. Maybe I am not the right person for this matter but I really want to help.

All of the above-mentioned sound very vague but I shall leave them as that. The whole day I was not able to work properly and my team members in office could tell. Even when I was at the Worship Team rehearsal I was unable to concentrate. Well, thanks be to God for pulling me through the day.

Anyway, that is all I want to share. May the Lord be my help.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1:5-8

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." James 3:17

No comments: