Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Do Not Doubt God

My team is done with the assignment given to us on Monday. Thank God for that. We decided to work late yesterday so that we can submit our article first thing this morning. We are now working on our presentation for tomorrow. We are progressing quite well with every one pitching in to do their part. We are about three-quarter way through and I hope to finish my part by 3pm so that I can rush to church to prepare for the Missions Policy Review Committee meeting this evening.

I need to read all the amendments made by one of the Committee members so that tonight should there be any queries on any of the points, I would be able to answer them accordingly. I am actually already quite drained mentally and physically. I hope the Lord will sustain me through, at least till I am done with the meeting in church.

It does not help that I am still unwell. On top of that, I do not really have the time to rest because of this busy week. I really cannot wait for tomorrow's presentation to be over. If there is nothing much on Friday, pending the outcome of the presentation, the team will probably declare a day off. I am praying it will be so as Saturday will be another long day with the Local Church Executive Committee meeting in the morning; the wedding service in the afternoon and thereafter, the wedding banquet in the evening.

I just realised Sunday will also be a long day as I have to help the Mission and VWAP teams in their packing of donated items and after that conducting a final briefing with them.

Thank God for seeing me through thus far and I know He will do so till all the busyness are gone! :)

A student of mine called to share with me that she has been very stress with her revisions for the varsity exams which started this week. She is a sister-in-Christ and the first thing I asked her was whether she has been praying. The answer was a no, citing reasons that she has no time, etc. I basically encouraged her to do just that.

I do not know how many of us believe in the power of prayer because I have heard many Christians sharing about their struggles and when asked whether they have submitted all these burdens to God, the answers were usually a no.

I am not trying to judge here but should it not be the first thing for us, as His children, to come before God and submit to Him our needs so that He can provide for us accordingly?

When I probed further, the sister told me that she does not know how God can help her during this stressful period. My answer to that is basically to remind her that God knows what to do but we need to surrender our struggles to Him. Our task is to bring to Him our requests and that is all. We have no right to question what He should do or how He can meet those needs because He knows best as to how to answer our prayers.

Have we all lost our faith in God? If prayer is not the first thing that comes to mind when we are struggling, then I really wonder where does God stand in our lives and whether we truly believe He will help us.

I am reflecting on this as well since this week is manic for me. I must confess occasionally I tried to deal with matters with my own ability and strength but as brothers and sisters-in-Christ, let us remind and challenge each other to put God first in all we do. Only when we can help each other in this, will we then be able to cope with the pressures of this world we are living in. Believe you me, there will be more of these coming our way especially in this life's journey.

It is not to scare us but to challenge us to go to the Source for help and face challenges head-on with a smile and accepting them with joy. Though there were moments where I felt like crying when I was preparing for all the presentations and research, I realised I smiled more than I frowned because I know my God is there to guide me through and He has been doing so. Thanks be to Him for that. That also explains all the singing of songs while I was working. Haha. :)

Well, that said. Time for me to carry on from where I left off for my preparations. Today's theme song for me is "I Will Offer Up My Life".

I Will Offer Up My Life

Verse 1:
I will offer up my life
in spirit and truth.
Pouring out the oil of love
as my worship to You.
In surrender I must give my every part;
Lord, receive the sacrifice
of a broken heart

Chorus:
Jesus, what can I give, what can I bring
to so faithful a friend, to so loving a King?
Savior, what can be said, what can be sung
as a praise of Your name
for the things You have done?
Oh my words could not tell, not even in part
of the debt of love that is owed
by this thankful heart.

Verse 2:
You deserve my every breath
for You've paid the great cost;
giving up Your life to death,
even death on a cross.
You took all my shame away,
there defeated my sin;
opened up the gates of heaven
and have beckoned me in.

"Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:6-9

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: