Wednesday, November 14, 2007

God Does Not Stop Halfway!

I was so physically exhausted that I wanted to call off the Missions Policy Review Committee meeting 30 minutes before it commenced. I was yawning and my eye-lids were so heavy that I really felt that I could not go on anymore.

Of course I knew the meeting had to go on. I basically went out to the Fire Escape staircase to ask God to just give me enough strength to last me through the meeting. After that I went back into the church office.

I wanted to start on time but could not as one of the members, a key member, was late as he had to take care of his daughters who were down with the flu virus. This super-bug is everywhere, I have to say. I have been coughing badly the whole of today and I found it hard to purge the phlegms. My chest is a little painful as well.

Anyway, instead of starting at 8pm, we only began our discussion at 8:30pm. We had to make some changes to the amended first half of the policy. That lasted us till 9:15pm. When we moved on to the second half, we spent close to 30 minutes discussing about some financial issues. We still had about 10 pages to go and had 45 minutes to complete them as the church's closing time was at 10:30pm.

I whispered a prayer to the Lord to help the Committee come to a consensus and it was amazing how everything went on smoothly after that. Thanks be to God!

Though there were some deep thoughts to be given during the discussion, I am very encouraged by the passion of the Committee members (from different ministries) for the work of missions. We just did not want to go through the motion and get everything over and done with but we gave due consideration to the needs of the individuals we are supporting. That was very encouraging to see.

Though I knew every one was tired after the meeting, there were still joy and affirmation. I guess that is what Christian service should be - that the Lord will refresh us even though the task given at times may be trying; that the members of the body, though individually is drained but collectively, could still find strength and support in one another to press on. Praise the Lord for that.

Well, second draft almost done. Yay! Next will be for the Pastor-in-Charge to look at it. I went home with gratitude to God for being so good and ever faithful.

I shall stop here and re-look at some of the points that I will be presenting tomorrow for my meeting with another panel of important officials. I am super tired now but knowing that by noon tomorrow everything would be over is a great boost for me to just suffer for a little while more. Haha.

I want to give 100% to this presentation and with God's help and blessing, I pray this panel will unanimously approve of the proposals so that there is no need for my team to relook into the research we have done these past weeks.

Well, to God be the glory, no matter what the outcome may be! :)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments: