Monday, November 12, 2007

Busyness Tires; Praise Refreshes

I pulled through a busy day. Thanks be to God for that.

My team is given a new research assignment today and the deadline will be on Wednesday. I am in the midst of preparing for a major presentation tomorrow - three-quarter way through. No time to think much about the new assignment. I guess that will have to wait till tomorrow - after lunch hopefully. That is if I have time to go out and grab a bite. Maybe I will prepare corn-beef sandwiches in the morning and bring to office so that I can eat in.

Anyway, while I was in the midst of a meeting, dad called to inform me that a drawer belonging to one of the cupboards had collapsed. The plywood base broke under the weight of all the contents in the drawer. I told him I would deal with it when I am done with work. Now that I am home, I still cannot handle it as I do not have the materials to replace the base.

I had to multi-task in the morning - preparing the powerpoint slides for tomorrow and calling the Lay Ministry Staff (LMS) of my church to enquire about two proposals that I need to make during the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) this Saturday. I was hoping to send out the email to the LCEC members before noon but was unable to do so due to lack of information. If I have the energy later, I will try to finish up the proposals by tonight.

I took a short break in the midst of all the busyness and went to the Singapore River to pray and read the Bible. It was refreshing and the passage I pondered lifted my spirit. While I was working, I was either humming or singing one of the praise songs used at yesterday's 11:15am service. The title is "The Time Has Come". At one point, my colleagues thought I was turning crazy as I was doing the drumming sequence with my hands while reading some documents. Haha.

I guess singing praises to God while working can go hand in hand. I should do more of that this week since it will be so manic.

I shall carry on with my preparations for tomorrow. One busy day gone, 4 more to go! It will come to pass. I still cannot see Friday but I shall look forward to it when I can begin to breathe better. :)

The Time Has Come

Verse:
Found love beyond all reason,
You gave Your life Your all for me
and called me Yours forever.
Caught in the mercy fallout;
I found hope found life;
found all I need.
You’re all I need!

Pre-Chorus:
The time has come
to stand for all we believe in.
So I for one am gonna
give my praise to You.

Chorus:
Today today it’s all or nothing.
All the way!
The praise goes out to You.
Yeah! All the praise goes out to You.
Today today I live for one thing;
to give You praise
In everything I do.
Yeah! all the praise goes out to You.

Bridge:
All we are is Yours
and all we’re living for
is all You are;
is all that You are, Lord.

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does." James 1:22-25

No comments: