Saturday, November 10, 2007

God Is In Charge

Just took my temperature - there is still a slight fever of 37.4 degrees Celsius. My nose is flowing like a running tap and I have been coughing quite badly. The medication prescribed to me yesterday is doing some good. I hope to recover after I finish the whole course.

I hardly had any rest the whole day as I had to be in church in the late morning for the Missions Policy Review Committee meeting. Yesterday I was quite burdened over this as I did not know how the meeting would turn out but in the end God showed and assured me that He is in control and all will be well.

After today's meeting with the Committee comprising of a Lay Ministry Staff, an Associate Lay Leader, the Finance Committee chairperson and a small group leader who is a lawyer, the discussion went well as we moved from one section to another. Truly the Lord used different parts of the body of Christ to give constructive opinions to the whole Policy and though we only completed half of it, I was at peace and contented as I could see every point falling in place.

We are meeting again on Wednesday to finish the other half and I am sure the Lord will continue to lead and guide us and that by the end of that meeting, the second draft would be ready for the Pastor-in-Charge to have her say.

Doing this Policy has excited me especially in my service to the Lord and His people in the Missions Ministry. May this Policy allow the Missions Ministry to be more effective in challenging the church to be more involved in the work of missions and also to give better and holistic support to the current missionaries that the church has commissioned.

After the meeting, I had to attend the Worship Team rehearsal. The whole of yesterday and today I have been listening to one of the songs that we will be playing tomorrow at the service. Though the drumming sequence is not easy, I praise the Lord that He guided me through the practice and I am almost there in the flow of one section of the song to another. I cannot deny I am still anxious about it especially when I play in front of all the congregation but I guess I will continue to fix my eyes on God rather than on the people.

Well, I am looking forward to the session but at the same time having my reservation - no matter what, I shall just enjoy myself using this talent God has given me to bless His holy name. :)

All thanks and praise be to God for all that He had done for me this Saturday. I was weak physically but He pulled me through this day and I am actually recharged spiritually!

I shall heed a brother-in-Christ's advice by sleeping soon. :)

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:10-11

No comments: