Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank You For The Food We Eat!

My team and I went to Katong to have Peranakan food for lunch. The craving was triggered off when my Pastor-in-Charge (PIC) messaged to inform me that the Trinity Annual Conference meeting that she is currently attending is catering lunch from this place called Guan Hoe Soon which serves nice Peranakan cuisines.

When I read her note, I told myself that I had to eat the delicious food too. I had my favourite dish called "Buah Keluak" - a kind of nut cooked in spicy sauce. I ordered a bowl all to myself. The last time when I went with my PIC to this restaurant for food-tasting for a couple's wedding reception, I was not satisfied with the amount I consumed for the above dish. This time round I do not want to be disappointed again and indeed I was not as I chomped the nuts - digging out the contents from its shells and mixing them with the sauce and rice. Haha.

I am now back in office very contented and full.

The day so far has been rather busy actually. The whole morning my team had to attend this briefing and it lasted three hours. The team was commended and rewarded for a job well done so far in the curriculum-planning. Glory be to God for that! We were given some new tasks to research on. They are not as bad as what we did in the past one and a half months but still effort needs to be put in.

I have another meeting later at 6pm and it is going to be quite long. I actually have a rehearsal for a song item for a friend's wedding. I am crossing my fingers I am able to attend it. Quite slim a chance from the look of it. Sigh.

Anyway, I shall deal with one matter at a time and if I can go, thanks be to God! If I cannot, praise be to Him as well.

I shall get back to work now.

No comments: