Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Soul Lost; A Heart Sobs

I just realised it has been a couple of days since I last blogged. Well, I have been pretty tired involving myself in a couple of activities over the past few days. I enjoyed them thoroughly though.

I have also been unable to sleep as early and as well as I should. My heart has been burdened but it is not the kind where it overwhelms me but just feeling puzzled at how certain things in my life turned out the way they are now.

I spoke to a dear sibling-in-Christ about this when I was in church in the early afternoon and also in the late afternoon after I got home from church. The sharing brought a lot of encouragement to me and we reminded each other to pray about it and not to lose heart and be discouraged.

Well, I have committed all of the above-mentioned to the Lord and I shall let Him handle the situations. I know in His time, all will turn out well.

While on my way to the Music Ministry barbeque, the brother-in-Christ who gave me a lift shared with me about another brother who has turned away from the Christian faith and now embracing another religion. It saddened my heart when I heard about it as I was quite close to this dear friend of mine and he was under my care when he was younger in the Christian faith.

I wondered to myself whether I have failed in bringing him up properly when he was growing in his faith. He moved on to another church after being in mine for a few years. He was very active in the bigger and more popular church - that is why I was shocked when I heard he had fallen away. Did my church and the other one failed in meeting his needs when he needed the help and support?

I guess so. Sometimes I feel churches are too activity-based that we have failed to take notice of every one's walk. Some would argue that it is difficult since a church has a couple of hundreds of people. Yes, that is true but if a church is about touching lives - being a ministry basically - then it is vital that we focus on this area first and not on activities alone. I do not know whether I am clear in sharing this thought. All I hope is that churches would be more interested in lives than programmes.

Well, I went away for a while during the BBQ to pray for this dear friend of mine and pleaded to the Lord to bring him back. I probably will try to meet up with him soon just to catch up.

I am just discouraged. Anyway, may the Lord have mercy on all.

Well, yesterday I went with my sister to watch this Korean dance production called "B-Boys and the Ballerina" at the Esplanade Theatre. It was entertaining as we saw the various forms of modern dance mixed with ballet. Prior to that we went shopping and had dinner together. It was fun as we fellowshipped.

I am also quite disappointed with myself this afternoon for having the lack of courage to do something that has always been in my heart. My sister asked me to go for it but I am hesitant for fear that it may not be the right thing to do. I also submitted this to God. I guess I shall seriously reflect on this and see what He has to say to me. I do not want to be too rash in this pursuit - may the Lord show me the way as I continue to listen to Him.

I shall end here. Praise the Lord for everything! :)

Have a blessed week, everyone! :)

"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost." Matthew 18:12-14

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands.” Psalm 138:8

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

No comments: