Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I woke up this morning with a burden in my heart for someone. Immediately I took some time to intercede for that particular individual. I am still concerned for that person but I shall trust that God is already doing something about it.

After that I headed to church to join the youths in a time of watching a DVD movie entitled "Facing The Giants." I have shared about my thoughts on this movie quite some time ago when I first watched it. Though this is the second time, I was still ministered to and I cannot deny that I was again moved to tears.

I was reminded once more that God can do the impossible. All I need to do is to take a knee and pray for anything or anyone and basically trust that God will carry on from there. Well, again His timing was so appropriate due to my burden for the sibling-in-Christ and also for my neck injury especially the scan which I am going for tomorrow morning. All thanks and praise to God for His assurance that He can do all things which many times far exceed my imagination.

I joined my Godson and his parents after church. They gave me my belated birthday present. Praise the Lord for His blessing through this dear family. :) We did something quite unusual - we went to Lower Pierce Reservoir to catch fish. Well, we caught three guppies and three freshwater prawns. I almost caught a Yabbi - a lobster kind of creature but failed. I was so close and yet so far. I hope I got the name right. Well, it was pretty fun. I think I was the only big kid there - all around me were children doing the same thing. "Malufying" but nevermind - all done in the name of fun.

After that we joined the running gang for dinner in Serangoon Gardens where we ate at the market. Every dish except one we ordered had sambal in them - BBQ Sambal Stingray, Sambal Sotong and Sambal Kangkong. The non-spicy one was the oyster omelette. We headed to a Chinese dessert place after that where I had a bowl of mango sago.

Well, while waiting patiently to catch the fish and prawns, I learnt something about evangelism. I was reminded that I need to be patient when I desire to share with others about God. I should not be stuffing the message of the Gospel into people's throats and expect them to believe. Just like I had to wait for a while to catch the six aquatic creatures, I guess it goes likewise when it comes to outreach matters.

I have a couple of friends whom I am eager to reach out to but what matters now is the way I live my life. First of all, I need to have credibility in sharing the Good News to others. If others do not see Christ in my life, then it is no point for me to tell them about Christ. I guess lifestyle evangelism still stands and I shall trust that God will help me in this.

Well, I know someday I will be able to bring another person to the saving knowledge of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. The time will come but I shall leave it to God to determine when. May He use me as and when possible.

I bought dad a cake just now to celebrate Father's Day - he loves mango so I got him a mango-laden cake. I am glad he enjoyed it when mum cut a big piece for him. I also hope he will enjoy the gift I passed him which is to be enjoyed with mum. Haha. Well, shan't say what it is. :)

Anyway, I guess I shall stop here. I am looking forward to the week ahead! May the Lord lead and guide me accordingly.

“The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him.” Proverbs 23:24

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications