Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Friends - Always Love; Always Build!

I went trekking with my sister and her sister at Bukit Timah Hill this morning. It was not a strenous kind of bashing through the forest but a stroll from Dairy Farm Road to Hindhede Quarry (Former). It was rather refreshing as we admire the beauty of God's creation. I was very conscious of my neck as we trekked and I am thankful to God for His protection. Along the way we saw a lot of durians lying along the dirt tracks. I picked up a few, hoping that some were riped enough for consumption but sadly, none were.

I remembered the last time I walked past the same area to do a recce for the Youth Ministry's Spiritual Retreat, I had one which was very yummy - the yellow and bitter kind. Yumz. Though passers-by were looking at this weird guy (Andy Chew!) eating the king of fruits, I was oblivious to their presence and enjoyed the rich creamy flesh of this spikey fruit! I remembered offering some to them but they just gave me that you've-got-to-be-kidding smile and declined.

Anyway, the weather was conducive for the above activity. It was not too hot and did not threaten to rain though I was all set for it by bringing disposable ponchos for all three of us. When we reached the quarry we just gazed at the beautiful rock features. The water in the quarry was so nice that we were tempted to just dive in! We also had smoked salmon sandwiches which I made with whatever ingredients I could find in the refrigerator. Sadly I did not have much salmon left.

We decided to have Japanese food after our work-out and we were off to Miramar Hotel where we ate at this restaurant called Ikoi. It was an ala-carte buffet lunch and we ate till our hearts' content. We also had a good laugh as we shared about some funny segments of our lives.

As we needed to plan for my sister's sister's 21st birthday party, we went to Vivocity to get some inspirations. Well, it did give us a few ideas. We also did some shopping where I was amazed at how these two ladies were trying so many clothes and enjoying the time spent together. I learnt quite a bit from them. Haha.

Well, what I did the whole day took the focus off the pain that I am still experiencing around my neck and back areas. Thank God though that they are not as bad as those experienced a few days ago.

Anyway, yesterday I almost lost my wallet. In fact lost it for a moment. The funny thing was I thought I left it at home when I rushed out to meet my sister at the MRT Station. In actual fact, I dropped my wallet on the grass-patch. When we were heading to my place and just when we were about to go up the flight of steps, a prompting caused me to look towards the grass-patch and there it was, my wallet!

It is amazing how the Lord just gave me the nudge. If not, I would have to go through the hassle of having to cancel and reapply for all the cards lost and there were also a considerable amount of money in it as they were meant for my parents and grandma.

Well, God is truly gracious! Okie, I am drained physically.

I will try to sleep early as I need to be in office tomorrow morning for a meeting. It will be a long day as I also need to be in church in the evening for the Missions Committee meeting.

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." John 15:12-14

No comments: