Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Trusting God's Plans

My back hurt badly this morning when I woke up from a dream. The right side of my neck was very stiff and when I tossed to the other side of the bed, the lower spinal area had this sharp pain that I could not move for a moment.

During that short period of immobilisation, I cried to God to release me from the ordeal. Of course He did after about a minute or two. I had to slowly adjust my posture to a comfortable position. I decided to walk around the house just to warm up the muscles and all.

I continued to commune with God as I exercised a little. I was asking Him what was the purpose of the accident I encountered which now brings discomfort to my neck and lower half of my body.

Of course there was no immediate answer. As I continued to remain quiet and pondered on the question I asked, I realised I need not query Him if I am sure He is the Lord and Master of my life.

In less than a span of one month, I have encountered two accidents - thank God the previous one was a near-miss but both incidents showed how God has protected me from harm as in serious injuries. If it were not for Him, I guess I may have landed myself in hospital already.

I also remembered during the accident, there was this middle-aged lady who fell. I went to help her up. I asked whether she was alright - her elbow was grazed but generally she said was okay. While we were waiting to give a statement, I spoke to her and found out that she too had another accident about a week ago when she fell while walking.

She said she has been unlucky lately. I do not know why but instinctively, I blurted out these words, "I will pray for you." She was quite surprised when she heard me say that but thanked me for doing so. She asked me what religion I embrace and I told her that I am a Christian. She smiled.

Well, I hope those mere words would have caused her to think about God.

Anyway, yesterday there were a couple of prayers being answered almost immediately when I received a couple of smses and emails pertaining to a few matters.

I received an email requesting for some help for certain individuals and as I was praying as to how the Lord could provide, I got a sms from a dear brother-in-Christ informing me that he wishes to donate some money. I was so happy that I shared this with my dear sister who was with me.

I also got a sms from a brother-in-Christ informing me that he might not be able to attend the church camp this Friday. I was supposed to hitch a ride from him to Malacca. Anyway, I asked the Lord to help me find a solution. Another sibling-in-Christ's name came to mind. I messaged him and immediately he replied that I can follow his car. Then this morning, the brother whom I was supposed to get a ride initially messaged to say that he is going afterall. As I look back, though there were a couple of ding-donging, God answered my prayer! Hallelujah! :)

Well, I guess that is all I have to share for now. Time to get back to doing some work.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you..." Jeremiah 29:11-14a

No comments: