Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Please Multiply My Five Loaves And Two Fishes, Lord

I just came back not too long ago. I decided to spend some time in quiet by the beach along East Coast Parkway after walking my dear sister to her place. I felt a little dry when I was strolling to the bus-stop, planning to go home. Along the way I was prompted to turn back and head for the beach to commune with the Lord by reading His Word, praying and being silent.

Well, I did and I guess it was a good move as I felt much fresher spiritually as well as being challenged to not be contented with where I am now in my walk with the Lord. In fact I should never be contented as it would then simply mean I have become complacent and in a state of stagnation.

Throughout the whole day my heart was not at peace as I was thinking about many things - how sometimes my walk with the Lord can be hot and at another time, cold (whether I am serious about my relationship with my God Almighty); my views towards life and people (whether I have become more judgmental and also discriminating); the ministries I am serving in (whether I am comfortable with the amount I am doing now or should I do more but not fearing the load that comes along with it); and my role as a brother-in-Christ or friend to another (whether I can be one whom others can share their lives with me or that I simply do not care enough).

I do not really know why I have become reflective again about my life's journey. It could be due to the accident I encountered two days ago. I guess it was a wake-up call for me.

I mentioned earlier about evaluating my role as a brother or friend to another because lately I have been feeling burdened for many siblings-in-Christ and friends. I also feel ineffective in meeting their needs.

Some are going through personal struggles (not willing to release some baggages they are carrying); some have relationship issues (having the urge to go into one without considering the commitment involved or just wanting to be in one to feel good and accepted); others have struggles with their families (pertaining to unforgiveness and pride); and many (referring to Christians here) who are not communing with the Lord daily because they put other areas of their lives before God hence altering their views towards life.

I sometimes question whether I have the guts to confront these matters with people whom I actually regard as a brother-in-Christ or a sister-in-Christ or a friend. In several occasions I feel I have failed.

The answer I got to this burden is just be there for them - even if initially they are not willing to confide with me, that is alright. If I have begun the process with prayer for these individuals, I have already begun performing my duty as a sibling-in-Christ or friend.

Well, there are a few other personal stuff which I shared with the Lord - I shall not jot them down as yet in the blog till I think I am ready to.

I was on one of the breakwaters for about an hour and a half. I was in my pair of jeans. Though a little stuffy but the time of worship and fellowship took the attention away from the heat I was experiencing. :)

Time to go! Praise the Lord for this day!

Oh yah! Tears welled up when I was listening to the words of this song. I was ministered because they speak of what I am going through now. I hope you too will be touched as you meditate on it. :)

Five Loaves And Two Fishes
By Corrinne May


A little boy of thirteen
was on his way to school.
He heard a crowd of people laughing
and he went to take a look.
Thousands were listening
to the stories of one man.
He spoke with such wisdom,
even the kids could understand.
The hours passed so quickly,
the day turned into night.
Everyone was hungry
but there was no food in sight.

The boy looked in his lunchbox,
at the little that he had.
He wasn't sure what good it'd do,
there were thousands to be fed.
But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus
the kindness in His smile
and the boy cried out
with the trust of a child.
He said:

"Take my five loaves and two fishes.
Do with it as you will
I surrender.
Take my fears, my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions,
You can use it all
to feed them all"

I often think about that boy
when I'm feeling small
and I worry that the work I do
means nothing at all.
But every single tear I cry
is a diamond in His hands
and every door that slams in my face
I will offer up in prayer.
So I'll give you every breath that I have
Oh Lord, you can work miracles
All that you need is my "Amen"

Take my five loaves and two fishes,
Do with it as you will.
I surrender.
Take my fears, my inhibitions,
All my burdens, my ambitions,
You can use it all.
I hope it's not too small.

I trust in you.
I trust in you.

Take my five loaves and two fishes,
Do with it as you will.
I surrender.
Take my fears, my inhibitions,
All my burdens, my ambitions,
You can use it all;
no gift is too small.

"Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them saying: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:1-16

No comments: