Monday, June 02, 2008

Life Is Fleeting

On my way to town this evening, the bus I was in met with a minor accident but enough to throw standing passengers like me off-balance. My reflexes basically caused my muscles to tense up and because of that I sprained one finger of my left hand. My neck was also a little strained. Other than that I was alright. Praise the Lord for that!

Well, not a good start to a brand new week but God is still good to have protected me from serious injuries! :)

I had a lot of stuff done the whole day - I decided to work out of office. I was with a dear sister doing our respective work. She had to revise for her examinations while I was replying to a couple of emails pertaining to a meeting I conducted last week. I also need to settle some Missions Ministry's matters.

The next few days will be busy as well - have a couple of reports to complete before I leave for the church camp in Malacca on Friday.

Though my sister and I had our work to do, we also had a good time of fellowship as we shared about how God has been good to us. It was a very edifying time and I praise the Lord for that!

Well, after giving a police report, I headed to Plaza Singapura to buy some toiletries for the trip. My neck is still a little sore and the finger stiff. Just applied some Deep Heat cream - hopefully tomorrow they will feel better.

This evening's encounter of the collision reminded me that life can end that suddenly but I guess through God's grace and mercy, I survived and am able to jot down this account. I guess I cannot always myself that I will live to a ripe old age - I may be dead the next day. Who knows? Only God, I guess.

Well, a good reminder of how fleeting life can be.

Here's looking forward to the next few days! :)

"Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro: He bustles about, but only in vain; he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it. "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." Psalm 39:4-7

No comments: