Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fleshly Behaviour Vs Godly Behaviour

I have a confession to make. As much as I feel I have the right to feel this way but it is no excuse for me to behave the way I did yesterday.

Anyway, towards the later part of the afternoon I was on my way to Queensway Shopping Centre to look for a bag where I can put my pair of rollerblades in. I took a bus from North Bridge Road and it was one of the worst rides I have ever had. I thought it was just for a while that the driver drove the way he did. In the end it was not to be.

Usually drivers would brake gradually when reaching a stop but not for this guy. He would wait till the last minute then he would do it - causing those standing to grab the handles they could find and holding them on with their dear lives! There were also a couple of elderly passengers and I could tell that they were feeling a little uncomfortable physically. In fact, when I got off the bus, I felt as if I was on a boat before. Basically there was this rocking feeling in me. For a moment, I needed to recompose myself by regulating my breathing patterns.

Anyway, there reached point where I could not take it anymore. I went to the driver and told him to be more considerate and to drive carefully and I even used the word "please". What angered me more was he was indfferent to my complain and continued with his reckless driving.

I went online using my PDA-phone and called the SBS Transit hotline. As the line was closed already, I left a message and describe the whole incident in the voice recording service. I hope someone from the bus company will call me soon.

I thought about it for a long while and felt that it was only right for me to file a complain on this maniac driver. It is basically an accident waiting to happen and surely I pray it will not be.

What I felt I did wrong was the outward expression of my anger which the passengers around me could see and hear. I was fuming basically as I was always sitting at the edge of my seat, staring at the driver; I was also using unedifying words like "shit" and "idiot' very regularly. There was also this voice screaming out to me to just shout at the driver to wake up his ideas. I thank God that I was able to control myself and not do it as it would really get very ugly if I did so.

Looking back now, it seems a little comical too - in the above paragraph, I was actually cursing and swearing but sometimes in between I would pray for the driver that God could speak to him. Then when he did the sudden braking again, I would snap into my angry mode again.

Anyway, when I got off the bus and while the driver was waiting for the countless passengers to board, I stood and stared at the driver at an angle by the side of the road where he could see me. Once in a while he would glance toward my direction and I would just glare at him as if fire would just shoot out from my eyes and burn him to ashes! That was how angry I was.

I came home after buying my bag - not from Queensway Shopping Cenre but back at North Bridge Road in Peninsula Plaza. I took some time to reflect on what had happened. I sought the Lord for forgiveness and prayed for the driver that God would protect him against any mishap and that he would be more careful and thoughtful as he drives.

Well, a harrowing experience it was. I am happy with the bag I bought. Small but big enough to hold my rollerblades and still have space for me to put my wrist-guards, towel and water-bottle. Yay!

At least that was the consolation to the unpleasant ride I had. Yesterday morning I was with my sister - we treked at MacRitchie Reservoir and also went on the tree-top walk. We basically walked for three hours, covering the circuit of the reservoir. It was tiring but a good time of exercise for the both of us.

We wanted to trek all the way to Bukit Timah Hill but in the end we could not as we needed to fetch my sister's younger sister from school.

The three of us went to MacDonalds for lunch and we also ran some errands before we went on our separate ways.

I guess that is all. Time to stop here and get some work done.

Have a great day ahead!

“The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.” Jeremiah 17:9-10

No comments: