Monday, July 14, 2008

God Is Not A Trouble-Maker But A Trouble-Taker!

This morning I was making enquiries about air-tickets to Cambodia. It was kind of last minute as I have to travel out by Friday morning and be back on Sunday evening. This is the only window I can make for the trip. It was planned so late also because I was waiting for the green light from a missionary as to whether the door-gifts that his workers are doing for my church's funraising dinner event on 1 August would be ready. It was only yesterday that I was told they would.

This period is also good as I need some time to prepare for the Missions Ministry's Exhibition at the fundraising event on 1 August. The trip will be quite hectic as I need to gather latest information of all the ministries that my church is supporting. I also need to take photographs as I believe they speak louder than words expressed.

After checking with a few agents, I began to panic as the prices were scary - between the range of S$550 to S$795. I tried the budget airlines but the tickets were sold out.

I took some time to pray and while I was doing that, I was prompted to call my Senior Pastor for any sources that she might have. Indeed she had! I called the agent and thanks be to God, I managed to get the ticket at S$408! I decided to bring another Missions Committee member along as I need him to help me with the gathering of information and also to connect with the missionaries whom my church are supporting.

Well, answered prayer from the Lord! It was a great encouragement for me as my morning did not start off well due to a very bad backache. I was also quite troubled over a matter which I managed to surrender to God. There is this nagging feeling still but I know I will overcome this burden soon. I basically need the Lord to help me clear all the obstacles. At the end of it all, I would want His name to be glorified and the people involved edified.

The rest of the day was spent on clearing work emails and also finishing a report. By the time I was done, I was actually quite exhausted. My backache started acting up again towards the early evening but it subsided after a while.

Praise the Lord for this day! He will make all things beautiful in its time.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." John 14:1

No comments: