Monday, July 07, 2008

Life Is Like A Rollerblading Experience!

This evening the running gang decided to go to Changi Beach area for our weekly run. I was glad they made an exception for me. As MacRitchie Reservoir's terrain does not allow me to rollerblade there, my dear friends chose Changi instead so that I could do so while they ran.

It was a good time of exercising and reflection. I also learnt a lesson or two along the way. I have to say that the pathway along Changi Beach is not really that suitable for rollerbladers as the ground was undulating. There were also lots of twigs. The big ones sometimes caused me to stumble. Throughout I had to look down to see whether the path I took was safe. There were also slopes to look out for - some were gentle while there were others which were pretty steep. The latter ones were quite scary. There were a few times when I had to take some calculated risks and trust that God would protect me from losing control as my speed accelerated while going down.

I guess my life's journey is like that too. There will always be ups and downs like the uneven road I took while I was blading. Life is always an adventure! I also need to occasionally look at the "twigs" of my life (sins, temptations, the way I carry myself, my view of life, the words I use, the way I treat others, my attitude towards the things I do, etc). If I do not keep all these in check, then these obstacles will cause me to stumble. Of course when that happens, the fall would be very hard and painful. The slopes I encountered sort of symbolise the way I trust God to lead me in all the decisions I have to make in different transitions of my life. Some will be easy to make while there are others where I just have to trust God to guide me as I go ahead with my decisions.

Well, though the rollerblading experience was quite tedious with so many things to look for, I had lots of fun though. Life should be fun to go through too! We learn as we fall; we grow with each experience we go through; we find satisfaction and contentment with each transition; etc. Yes, there will be setbacks but let us not forget what comes after that? Sunshine after the rain; a rainbow after a storm!

Thanks be to God for that!

Well, I am looking forward to the new week ahead. I do not know what God has in store for me but I know they are going to be real good! :)

Have a blessed week, everyone! I am tired. Time to sleep. :)

"Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come...... he will come to save you." Isaiah 35:3-4

No comments: