Thursday, July 24, 2008

Find Rest In God Alone

I am now at Ngee Ann City's Coffee Bean Cafe. The new semester is starting soon. I have decided to clear my leave from now till the last day of the varsity's holidays. Actually I did not have the intention to visit the cafe as I had initially scheduled a couple of activities for the day. All fell through. Since I did not want to be cooped up at home, I decided to come here and just spend some time doing my Missions Ministry's Exhibition stuff. Hopefully the Lord will give me some inspiration to kick off the preparations.

I went for a walk with my dog this morning. Sasha woke me up at 7am and as always licked my face to let me know she was ready to play. I did not have much sleep as I only went to bed at around 3am. I was just spending time praying and reading God's Word as my heart was super-heavy after a conversation with my sister.

I sat under a tree and just kept quiet before the Lord - listening to the howling of the wind, the rustling of the leaves, the chirping of birds, the barking of Sasha and the other dogs playing with her, etc. It was refreshing to be still.

I read the Word of God and then submitted to God the burdens of my heart.

Well, I guess I shall stop here and get some preparations done. Still no inspiration. Lord, please help me.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8

No comments: