Saturday, July 05, 2008

Seek First; Then Act!

Today is a day of mixed feelings. The whole afternoon I was busy doing a write-up related to work and it took me several hours to have it completed. It was a last-minute assignment thrusted upon me. Though I did not feel like taking it, I decided to do so for my colleague who is down with severe food-poisoning. I pray she will get well soon.

Anyway, I was hesitant to do the above paper because I did not have enough information to do so. Moreover I have other work matters to handle which I am in the midst of doing. The frustration mounted when my notebook became uncooperative. It basically swallowed up 5 pages of what I had written. They went missing suddenly and pressing the 'Undo' function did not help retrieve the missing data.

I had to re-write that particular segment again and being agitated as I was, I did not put in as much effort as I did initially. All I wanted was to get the work over and done with. I did finish the article though and I praise the Lord for helping me out.

In the morning I went out for a walk with my doggy. As usual, I let her run around the park while I spent some moments reading God's Word and praying. I was just seeking God in a particular area of my life which I will want to keep it private for now. It has burdened me for a while. I guess I just needed some peace and also assurance from the Lord. Sometimes what the human heart desires may not be in line with what God wants for me. Well, I still do not have the answers but I shall wait and let Him show me the way.

I spent a considerable amount praying and also being in quiet. I guess the struggle above also added up to the mixed emotions I have been experiencing the whole day. It did not help also that physically I am still unwell. My back still gives me some discomfort though I must say that my neck is much better - being able to turn my head more without feeling much pain. Praise the Lord for that.

I am also burdened for someone close to me. I submitted this dear individual's struggles to God. I was even more troubled when I heard that there is no improvement to something that this dear sibling is working on. I trust that the Lord will make a way soon.

I am also struggling with a project that I am doing for the Missions Ministry. I am still trying to find the relation and purpose to this whole matter. I hope I am making sense in what I have written so far in this paragraph - you know, sometimes it is hard to move on in doing something when you do not see the connection. Maybe I should speak to the person-in-charge and understand better the objective of it all. I am sure the Lord will direct me accordingly.

In the evening I went out with my sister to do a little shopping. We just needed to get away from what we were doing. Well, I praise the Lord for the fun we had buying some stuff and spending a considerable amount of time fellowshipping with one another over dinner.

Well, I am feeling better now. One of those days in my pilgrim's journey that I need to face the battle of emotions. Sitting down now writing this blog has caused me to realise that God has pulled me through the day. He has helped me resolved a couple of the stuff I mentioned above. :)

Time for me to stop here and catch a wink or two.

Thanks be to God for all things! :)

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25-34

No comments: