Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cambodia, Here I Come Again!

I have been sneezing non-stop since I came home. I took two flu tablets, Vitamin Cs and have been drinking lots and lots of water. I hope after resting tonight, I will be fine. I know I will because a dear sister-in-Christ prayed for me. :)

I have to be up at 4:30am. I need to be at the airport by 6am to check in my stuff and some other items belonging to a dear brother-in-Christ, who is now serving as a missionary in Cambodia. I praise the Lord another dear brother-in-Christ is giving me a lift. That will save me a lot of trouble especially at this unearthly hour. Praise the Lord for His providence!

I am actually quite zombified now. After coming back from shopping this evening, to buy some stuff for my missionary-friend, I did some more packing for the trip. I also needed to reply to some work emails.

I had to submit a report on a study I made and thanks be to God, I managed to complete them in an hour. The deadline is next week but I was asked to do so by this week instead as the document is needed for a meeting on Monday. Since I will be away till Sunday night, I decided to complete the remaining one-third of the write-up by today! That will also take a load off my shoulders when I am in Cambodia. :)

I bought three pairs of jeans today at a sale. My sister and I have been looking around for them for more than two weeks already but could not find any nice ones. While I was walking around Plaza Singapura, I chanced upon the sale and out of the shop, I carried with me three bags of stuff. These three should last me for the next two years. Haha. Yay! No need to crack my brains and strain my eyes for more anymore! I got them at 40% off!

I was out with my sister for a short while. We watched a movie and had a quick dinner before we went on our separate ways. It was a relatively good time spent together. Praise the Lord!

Oh yah, this morning while I was doing my devotion, it was brought to my attention that my temper and emotions have been a little short and moody lately. I guess my heart has been troubled by a couple of stuff. It does not help that I am unsure whether to move forward or not. Some of my closer friends may know what I am struggling with and it is my prayer that the Lord will show me the way.

Though the above-mentioned is so, it does not give me the excuse to behave in a stumbling manner to those I know and do not know. I have to exercise self-control regardless of how I am feeling and what I am going through now.

Many times we feel that we have the right to behave in a certain negative way because we are going through a difficult patch. I guess that is the pitfall to avoid at all course as it is the scheme of the evil one to want us to believe so.

What I learnt this morning was to submit that burden to the Lord and let Him deal with it while I go on with the adventure of each day. Well, may the Lord be my prompter as I take each step of my pilgrim's journey.

Oh yah, I went to watch the Magic Box performance with my sister last night. I shall blog on that another time.

I shall sleep now! Before I go, do pray for me that the trip to Cambodia will be a fruitful one - that I will have a good time of fellowship with all the missionaries and the new pastor of the Khmer church which my church is supporting; that I will be able to gather all the information I need for the exhibits at my church's fundraising dinner; and that God will grant me journey mercies.

I guess that is all. Good night to all and have a blessed weekend ahead! :)

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

No comments: