Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blessings From Above!

I am very happy today. In the early afternoon I realised I have enough funds now to help a Cambodian family who are in dire straits. The sole breadwinner of the household lost the use of his hands due to an accident at work. As he needs to feed his four kids and wife, their financial status has been in bad shape. A dear brother-in-Christ, who is a missionary, wrote an email to me last month to request whether I could help pool some money to buy a tuk-tuk. It is for several purposes: one is for the man of the household to use it as a taxi to earn some income for himself to support his family; two is also for it to be used as a taxi by another member of the church to pay off his loan (I guess they have to do so in shifts); three is for the church to use it as a mean of transportation to ferry some members to and from church on Sundays!

Well, I thought it would be tough to gather the funds but God again showed me how good He is! All thanks and praise to Him! :)

It is basically encounters like what I have shared above which have allowed me to persevere in my pilgrim's journey. To me this road is not a lonely one because I have my God to walk alongside me. Once in a while, blessings like the above-mentioned just added that extra boost and caused me to desire to know Him deeper and also to serve His people. I mean, who would not want to know this God who has always been at work in the lives of many in this world?! :)

I must say this weekend has been a joyful one - yesterday I was out with my sister and her family on a picnic by the beach along East Coast Park. We prepared stuff like salmon and egg sandwiches, fried rice, chicken nuggets, Carl's Junior's chilli beef cheese fries, cha soba and drinks. The food was in abundance that we could not finish them even though my sister's nieces were also with us.

Oh yah, I brought Sasha along and as always, every one adored her. She was running around with the kids. She also jumped into the sea to play ball with a Golden Retriever. I do not know why but my sister and her sister loves my Silky Terrier's butt! *scratching head* Haha.

Anyway, when Sasha and I were on our way home in the cab, the doggy was so tired that she actually slept through the ride. She gave me a scare though. After I bathed her and all, her right eye suddenly could not open. It remained as that till night-time. I got so worried that I decided to flush it with water. It did not get any better. Knowing that I was at my wit's end, I prayed for healing.

Guess what? This morning, she was completely fine. Praise the Lord!

Okie, enough shared! Time for me to sleep soon!

To God be the glory!

Have a blessed week ahead, everyone!

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:7-10

No comments: